Ch. 22 Death

I HAVE NO IDEA WHY I DIDN'T UPDATE DURING THE WEEKEND BUT HERE'S ANOTHER UPDATE, ONLY ONE CHAPTER LEFT GUYS.

ENJOY.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LANDON'S POV

There has never been a summer quite like this one. I never once thought that I would be in the middle of all this crap with Mr. Thomas. What the hell did that guy say and do in order for him to step foot inside our high school? The guy was crazy but apparently hid it well from everyone. He always gave me the creeps but i never said anything because I figured I was wrong about the guy. Turns out I was right all along.

"Landon? Are we going to the hospital?" Aly asked, as she slid inside my car.

"We are but I'll be the only one going inside while you call the cops okay?" I said, as I turned the car on.

She just nodded as she put her sit belt on. The moment the car turned on, the radio turned on. I was about to turn it off until I heard the words ''police'' and ''dead''. I turned up the volume and listened.

"Early this morning the police received an anonymous call about a dead body in a house. The police found a man hanged in his bedroom. They have ruled it a suicide. According to the man's coworkers at a restaurant he worked at, he seemed happy and was surprised to hear that he killed himself."

I turned off the radio when the name of the restaurant came up. It couldn't be the same guy that John talked too. If it was then it was our fault that he's dead. Mr. Thomas must have confronted him and decided that he didn't need him anymore. The poor guy didn't deserve to die. The man's death is even is even more reason why this guy needs to be stopped.

I gripped the steering wheel until my knuckles were white before i stepped on the gas. A gut feeling was telling me that this is what he wanted. He wanted us to go to the hospital because he probably knew that John and Tia were there. I’m sure I was number one on his list to kill. This is why I'm going to have Alyssa stay in the car and call the cops. She'll be safer locked in the car than walking about the hospital.

It didn't take us long to get to the hospital. As soon as i found a parking space, I jumped out of the car and ran for the sliding doors. Alyssa stayed behind in the car and had her phone out already. I went straight to the nurse's station when I was inside and asked where i could find Tia's room. When the lady told me the room number and floor, i took the elevation and hoped that both of them were just fine.

When i made it to the floor that Tia's room was on, I stepped out of the elevator and was met with a distraught John and a nurse trying to calm him down. This didn't look good at all. I walked over to the nurse and John as she was talking to him. My feet stayed planted next to John as i listened to the nurse. My heart stopped as I heard the terrible news.

"I'm sorry sir but we can't do anything for her anymore. I'm very sorry for your loss," she said, as she stared at John with sad eyes.

"What happened?" I asked her as i tried to swallow the lump in my throat. I wanted to cry but I needed to be the strong one since John was crying.