Ch. 2 Guilt

JUST SO YOU KNOW, EACH CHAPTER WILL BE IN EITHER ALYSSA'S OR LANDON'S POINT OF VIEWS. NO ONE ELSES AND THERE WON'T BE TWO POINT OF VIEWS IN ONE CHAPTER EITHER.

ENJOY.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LANDON'S POV

I swear that girl has more mood swings than any girl in the school. So, what if I called her by her first name, she didn't need to yell at me about it. I was doing so great not talking to her for four years, but all that went down the drain after this morning. Thank goodness today is the last time I'll see her. I can't take the guilt any longer.

"Hey man where you were this morning? You missed first period," John asked, as he caught up with me on the stairs. I forgot he was in that class.

"Uh, yeah I decided to not go, so I skipped that class," I said, sounding a bit unhappy. My day is ruined because of her.

"What made you want to skip? You never skip class, no matter how much you want to," he said, as we headed for the parking lot for lunch. School was done for us since we were seniors.

"Alyssa is the reason I skipped. I screwed up this morning when I bumped into her," I said, as I dug in my pocket for my car keys. I should have just kept my mouth shut when we ran into each other.

"What happened to never talking to her? I must say, you're not good with sticking to your plans. I guess it's a good thing she's going to California and plans on never coming back," he said, as we walked outside. I really need a new best friend. I need one that doesn't talk so much.

I stopped walking as soon as we were outside the school. Alyssa is leaving? I guess it's for the best. The only reason why I stopped talking to her was because I knew she hated me and I couldn't bear to hear how much she did. It's because of me that she only had one friend.

"What do you mean she's going to California and never coming back?" I said, hating this conversation. We would talk about something else like normal teenage guys, but John has made sure over the last four years that I didn't forget what I did when I was a stupid thirteen year old.

"I overheard her and Tia talking about going to school in California and starting over. They plan on forgetting about this town and the people in it. You never have to worry about seeing her again," he said, trying to sound happy about the news. I knew he had a thing for Tia, so he must have been unhappy about her leaving.

"She's going to be gone for good huh? Well, good for her. I'm sure she'll be very happy being away from everyone who gave her a hard time," I said, trying to sound happy for her, but I suddenly didn't like the idea of her never coming back.

"If you say so. You know, you're the main reason why everyone ignores her. For all you know, the two of you would have been best friends or dating," he said, walking towards my car. I hate it when he reminds me what life would have been like if I didn't want to fit in, just so that I could get a date with a snobby brunette.