Ch. 13 Feeling Guilty

I'M BACK. I WAS GOING TO KEEP GOING UNTIL I GOT TO A CERTAIN PART BUT I FIGURED IT WAS LONG ENOUGH. IT WAS 4 FULL PAGES ON WORD. I LIKED HOW THE LAST PARAGRAPH ENDED SO I STOPPED THERE INSTEAD.

REMEMBER TO GO TO THE EXTERNAL LINK TO 'LIKE' MY ROCKNROLLVIRGO PAGE!!!!!! ----->>>

ENJOY

AUTHOR'S NOTE 8/30/11: wow i proof read this chapter before posting it and thought i didn't have any errors but i just read it again after posting and realized i missed some things but don't worry. i fixed them. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LANDON’S POV

After spending some of my night trying to stop police officers from arresting my stupid best friend, it was hard to fall asleep. The idiot thought it would be great to have a sleep over so I kicked him out. He probably went to bother Alyssa since she seemed freaked out by the idea of someone breaking into the house so easily. I'll have to remember to thank John for giving her more nightmares.

I stared up at my ceiling the rest of the night. I thought I heard crying but it was quiet again so I figured I was going crazy. I didn't know it was the morning until I saw the sun peeking through the window. This wouldn't be the first time I had a sleepless night. I blame this crazy guy stalking Alyssa.

I grabbed my cell phone and checked the time. It was exactly seven a.m. and I was still wide awake. It was a good time to check on Alyssa in case John left to go home. I got out of bed and head out of my room. When I got to the stairs, I heard whimpering from somewhere downstairs. I practically ran down the stairs to see if Alyssa was in some kind of trouble.

When I walked into the living room, I instantly became concerned. John had a crying Alyssa in his arms. She was grabbing him like her life depended on it. I wanted to search the house to see if anyone had managed to break in but then I realized if anything happened they would have gone upstairs to get me.

"Oh look who is up early! Dude you look like a zombie," John said, when he saw me but the smile on his face didn't reach his eyes. Something definitely happened.

I grimaced. Leave it to my best friend to try and be funny at a time like this. Alyssa giggled at the little comment he made as she wiped her eyes. I couldn't help but smile at the sound of her giggle. For a small moment she wasn't crying but then she suddenly realized what she was doing and frowned.

"What's going on guys?" I asked, as I walked around the sofa they were sitting on. I stood in front of them, not wanting to sit.

"Tia was kidnapped. We found out just now from the kidnapper," John explained, as he comforted Alyssa. Kidnapped?

"He has her Landon. It's because of me that he has my best friend," Alyssa whispered, as she wiped away the fresh tears. I wouldn’t have heard her if it wasn’t so quiet in the house.

I clenched my fists. One of us should have taken her to the airport but we had graduation and the stupid summer road trip to the cabin, which ended up being cancelled due to this guy almost killing us. John had left for the cruise too. He had to know that she would take a taxi. Did he pose as a taxi driver then?

I rubbed my forehead. This was too much drama for a bunch of high school graduates. Why did he have to pick Alyssa? She had enough going on. After all she was going to California after summer was over. According to John, I had to get her to forgive me before she left.

"Did you tell the cops outside? If they know that this guy has Tia maybe they'll speed up their investigation. Who knows what this guy will do now that he has someone," I explained as I began to pace back and forth in front of them.