Ch. 15 Missing

BET YOU DIDN'T EXPECT A UPDATE THE NEXT DAY HUH. THINGS ARE GETTING INTERESTING DON'T YOU THINK? GOING TO WORK ON THE NEXT CHAPTER BECAUSE I'M SURE YOU'D WANT TO KNOW WHAT ALYSSA IS THINKING AFTER YOU READ THIS.

ENJOY.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

LANDON’S POV

I woke up the next morning with a terrible headache. This only meant one thing, I got wasted last night. How could I have been so stupid? There was some psycho that was obsessed with Aly and he had Tia. It’s just not the time to be careless. I knew it was a bad idea but Aly was so persistent. She probably would have forced the whiskey down my throat if I kept saying no to her.

I rubbed my forehead and realized I was in my bed. It seemed like any other morning except I was missing my pajama pants. To make sure that I wasn’t going crazy, I looked under my blanket and was proved right. What happened last night came back to me in a little slideshow. I remembered drinking with Alyssa and confessing something I never thought I would ever say. We kissed and then ended up in my room by the end of the night.

I groaned when I realized what we did. We slept together while we were intoxicated. That was not the way I wanted things to go. There is no way I’m drinking again. I looked over to my left, hoping Aly was right next to me. To my surprise, I was met with a note on the pillow. I ignored the feeling of nausea as I reached over for the small note. It only had one word written on it, which was ‘sorry’. My brain tried to process what the heck the note supposed to mean.

I was too out of it to figure it out so I got out of bed and grabbed my pants off the floor and slipped them on. It was time to look for Aly and ask her what the hell the note meant.  I hoped it wasn’t her way of rejecting me. She could have regretted what we did last night too. I wouldn’t be happy if she did though because I sure as hell didn’t regret anything that happened last night. Things could have been better if we weren’t drinking though.

“Aly! We need to talk!”

When I didn’t get a response, I instantly searched each room. She was nowhere in the house and that didn’t settle well with me. Did that mean she was kidnapped? I didn’t want to believe it. When the front door came into view, I left the house to confront the two police officers that were supposed to be watching the house. They couldn’t have just let her leave.

When the two guys noticed that I was heading right towards them, they got out of the car. Before either of them could say a word, I grabbed one of them and shoved him against the car. I didn’t care if I was going to be arrested for assaulting a police officer. All I cared about was Aly and hoped that where ever she is, she was fine.

“Hey get your hands off me,” Officer Peters said, as he tried to pry my hands off of him.

“What kind of officers are you?! She’s missing and you guys didn’t see anything suspicious?!” I yelled, as I ignored the urge to punch the guy.

“How about you calm down and let go of my partner? I’d hate to arrest you for assault,” Officer Johnson said, as he slowly stepped towards me.

I growled before letting the officer go. There was no way I could help Aly if I ended up in jail. We should have been safe with these guys watching over the house. I couldn’t automatically assume that she was kidnapped though. What if she decided that she was the only one that could save Tia? I hoped that’s not what happened and that I was just over reacting because of the situation we were in.

“Now what do you mean she’s missing? We’ve kept an eye on the house since day one,” Officer Johnson said, as he watched me pace back and forth while my hands were grabbing my hair.