Ch. 17 Follow The Bread Crumbs

ANOTHER UPDATE!!!! THIS TIME I WASN'T DISTRACTED SO IT DIDN'T TAKE LONG TO WRITE!!! LANDON AND JOHN ARE BECOMING PRETTY GOOD DETECTIVES IN THIS CHAPTER. WHO NEEDS THE POLICE?

ENJOY.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LANDON'S POV

"What do we do now?" I asked, as i stared down at my phone.

"We don't do anything. You're going to go home and stay there until I have news for you. I will be finding your friends with the help from some of the police officers here," Detective Andrews explained, before he walked away.

I instantly became angry. If this guy thinks I will sit on the sidelines and do nothing then he has anything coming. There was no way I couldn't try to find them on my own. I knew this town better than the hot shot detective. How hard could it be to find a guy that has two girls against their will?

"Forget whatever you are thinking. The last thing we need is to find another missing person," Officer Johnson said, as before he followed the Detective.

"It's best if you let us professionals handle it. So go home and we'll keep you updated on the investigation," Officer Peters said, before jogging after his partner.

These guys were not much help because if they were, Aly would still be at home with me. They haven't figured out where Tia is either. What the hell do they do here if they're not doing any investigating? I walked out of the police station and realized that I had no way of getting home. Stupid officers didn't think to take me back home.

"Landon?"

I looked over in the direction of the familiar voice. It looked like John just arrived right when I was debating if I should walk home. He's not going to like what about to tell him. It must have been hard to handle when he found out about Tia so I can only imagine what he will feel when he finds out Aly decided to go and save her best friend without any help.

"What are you doing here John?" I asked, as I walked towards his car.

"I wanted to see how the investigation was going before I headed over your place. Is there a reason why you're here?" he replied, as he shut the door to his car.

I closed my eyes and tried not to cry. There was no way I could cry when there's a chance that Aly and Tia could come home. I breathed in and out as I tried to figure out the best way to break the news to him. He's going to be angry and might even throw a few punches at me for not keeping a better eye on her.

"Well um Aly decided to take matters into her own hands," I explained, as I got ready to defend myself for the well-deserved punch I would probably receive from him.

"What do you mean? Where is she?" he asked, as he looked over my shoulder.

I shook my head before I formed the next words I was going to say in my head. He's most likely going to blame me. He might even hate me for being so careless. If either of the girls dies, I'm going to consider myself responsible.

"I wasn't around to stop the bastard from grabbing her," I said, as I looked everywhere else but him.

"So he has both of them. That's just great Landon. What the hell were you doing during the time she was taken?!" he yelled, as he marched to me and got in my face.

"I was asleep! She had a plan and it worked! Believe me when I say that I regret letting my guard down! There are things that happened last night that i don't regret though! I just wish we didn't need to get drunk for them to happen!" I yelled back, resisting the urge to step back from a pissed off John.