Ch. 18 One Step Closer

I GOT ANOTHER UPDATE FOR YOU. I LIKE THIS SCHEDULE I CREATED FOR MYSELF. DON'T YOU??? THE GIRLS ARE IN SOME TROUBLE. WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN TO THEM?

ENJOY.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ALYSSA’S POV

Mr. Thomas decided to leave us to say our goodbyes. Tia seemed to still be out of it when he left the room. I started to tug on the rope with my teeth so I could get my free and knock some sense into her. She needed to be brought back to reality before he came back and finish what he started. I couldn’t let him take Tia away from me after I just found her.

After a few minutes of struggling to get the rope off of me, I crawled over to Tia. She was sitting on a chair near the sofa I was on. When I got to her, I shook her and called her name many times. I begged her to come out of the state she was in. When her eyes landed on me, I sighed in relief.

“Aly? Why are you here?” she asked, as she looked around the room in fear.

“I’m here to save my best friend so let’s go before Mr. Creeper comes back to take you away,” I explained, as I pulled her off the chair.

“We can’t. He’ll just come after us,” she cried, before pulling her arm out of my hand.

I sighed. She’s been here so long that she’s afraid to leave. This was not good. I had a plan but I didn’t think it would be this hard to get Tia to escape with me. The stupid guy is so going to pay for this when he’s finally behind bars. I looked over at the door Mr. Thomas had walked into before turning to my frightened best friend.

“We can Tia because this might be the only time we will be left alone near the front door. So get over this fear you have of getting caught and let’s go before it’s too late,” I said, as I headed for the front door.

When I unlocked the door and opened it, an alarm suddenly went off inside the room. I shut the door quickly and grabbed Tia before heading for one of the rooms that I knew he wasn’t occupying. As soon as I closed the door, the sound of the door being opened next door came.  I held my breath while I kept a head over Tia’s mouth.

The alarm was turned off and the sound of the front door being opened came. I closed my eyes, praying that he was dumb enough to think we ran out into the forest to escape. He would leave and go search for us if that happened. We jumped at the sound of the front door being slammed shut. He must be pissed right about now.

I waited a few minutes to see if he was still in the cabin or outside looking for us. After a few minutes of silence, it was safe to say that he was outside. I started to breathe again and pulled my hand away from Tia’s mouth. We were safe for now but who knows how long he was going to be outside looking for us.

“What are we going to do now?” Tia asked, as she slid down the down and sat on the floor.

“I don’t know but we need to think fast before he realizes that we may still be in the cabin,” I replied, looking around the room that I chose to hide in.

The room was dark and the only light we had was coming from a table full of computer screens. I gasped when I realized that the screen was showing parts of Landon’s house. It seemed the only place that didn’t have cameras was the bathrooms. Well at least had some privacy. He knew where we were all the time and we didn’t even realize it. When did he have the time to sneak into the house and plant on these cameras?

“He spends most of his time in here if he isn’t hurting me in some way. Isn’t that Landon on the screen? Where is he going in such a hurry?” Tia said, as she looked at the screen where Landon had just gotten out of the bathroom.