"Try me," he challenged, wishing you could actually see him. He looked ecstatic.

Alone with you, doing what he loved.

*****

"I don't see why I have to be the one to help," Freddy spoke up, trying his best to hide the whine.

Chica glared and he shut his mouth. "Do you really think Foxy and his one hand can help me cook? Come on, Freddy, think about it."

The bear just rolled his eyes, having gotten himself stuck making pizza dough with the chicken. His coat, hat and vest was thrown onto a chair, and Chica had conned him into wearing an extra apron she had. He felt only mildly ridiculous, his sleeves rolled up neatly and elbow-deep in a bowl. He grumbled but did his task well; it wasn't the first time. It just happened to be his turn to help.

She just peeked at the bear and smiled, shaking her head a little. She knew why he was grumpy. She was well aware that it was past midnight, that he would have rather been in the security office trying to win you over.

But Chica was trying to get him to slow down, before he scared you off.

He let his thoughts run rampant in these quiet moments. Quiet was hard to come by, after all. But now, more than ever, he could appreciate it.

If only he could hear if you were singing.

The bear felt his legs shake a little. Already? Even the thought of your voice was making him weak, sending chills down his spine. It was far more pleasant than the constant sparking as an animatronic.

You'd asked him if bears purred... he was fairly certain he may have been the only one that did.

'I think she could make me do far more than purr...'

Oh shit, where did that come from?!

His face burned, and he tried to focus his attention solely on the dough, hoping against hope that Chica hadn't seen. She had, of course, but made no indication of it. Freddy could get embarrassed fairly easily, and while it was funny, Chica knew he was privy to hiding.

Trying to win someone over didn't involve hiding in embarrassment.

The bear took a soft, deep breath. He'd have to keep a lot of his thoughts in control, it would seem. The effect you had on him was more powerful than he realized. He would lose himself entirely if he wasn't careful.

But was that so bad?

Freddy turned away a little from Chica, feeling the blood rushing to his cheeks again. Yes, he could admit to himself... he wanted to lose his mind. He wanted you to drive him over the edge.... one way or the other.

With the both of you screaming, he hoped.

Chica watched amused as the bear suddenly lost balance, falling over with a heavy thud and a bright red face. He had it bad for you.

He glared as the chicken finally burst into giggles, until she noticed he'd brought the bowl with him.

"Damn it Freddy!!!!"

The bear ran like mad, snatching his clothing on the way out.

*****

Out of danger at last, Freddy sank into a sitting position in front of Pirate's Cove, shaky and out of breath. Foxy peered out, raising an eyebrow. "Ye all right, Captain?"

"Y-yes... I... ah... ruined Chica's dough..."

"Ye got a death wish?!" Foxy sat beside him, concerned. "Why would ye do somethin' so dangerous?"