Chapter 1 - Goblin's Pride

It's over.
This is the end.
No more running, no hiding and no more fighting.
What's next? Happily ever after?
Peacefully living in a magical society where everyone treated him like a hero?

"Harry Potter!" gasped a little girl, standing behind him in the line going into Gringotts, the wizard bank.

Harry Potter. The boy who lived. The chosen one. It's all he ever knew. What was he now?

Harry gave her a small smile, sighing internally. He wished she didn't say his name so loud, now people began to stare and point at him. Shifting his weight from one leg to another he waited for his turn, ignoring all the whispers. He should be used to it now. Ever since he was eleven years old, when he found out he was a wizard, he was famous. Back then he had no idea why he would be so famous just for being alive. Years later, he found himself facing the wizard who killed his family. With the help of his best friends Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger, Of course more people took part in saving his life, starting from his mother, who gave her life for him, to his schoolmates, his teachers, and headmaster.

So much has happened in the last few weeks, after he finally defeated Lord Voldemort. So many funerals to attend. Fred Weasley, Remus Lupin, Nymphadora Tonks and Severus Snape.... were just few of the most painful ones to attend.

Harry had been staying with the Weasleys since the war. He had no home to go to. His childhood home in Godricks Hollow had been turned into a tourist spot, where people would come to see where the boy who lived first survived the killing curse.

He never wanted to go back to the Dursleys, even though he was getting onto good terms with Dudley.
He found a nice place near the Burrow, the Weasleys were his family and he wanted to live close to them. Especially so that he could see Ginny Weasley every day.

Ginny Weasley. His beautiful and faithful redheaded girlfriend. He knew he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her because if they could survive the dark time of Voldemort's reign then he was confident they could survive anything.

Finally the line began to move. Security at Gringotts was at its highest, especially after Harry, Ron and Hermione broke into it a few months ago. Suddenly a goblin passing by spotted Harry and ran to the front of the line to talk to the Goblin in charge.

Suddenly everyone turned back and stared at Harry. The Goblin came rushing back "Harry Potter, please step this way."

Harry followed the goblin without fuss. He just wanted to get away from all the staring. He was led into a small room with two other goblins. They had a device called 'probe' which they used on him to check for any theft devices.

"Why only me?" Harry asked, surprised.

"Because you broke into the bank." replied a goblin, before adding under his breath "thief"

"I am not a thief." Harry said hotly. "You know full well why I did what I did"

"Did you deceive our security checks to get into a volt that wasn't yours?" A squeaky goblin asked.

"Yes, but-"

"Did you take something that did not belong to you." interrupted another goblin.

"Yes, but-"

"That makes you a thief, Mr. Potter." said the first goblin who called him a thief.

After 20 minutes of extensive security checks they finally let him go his volt. Harry got out of the cart, rubbing his arm where the probe hit him particularly hard.

He remembered the time they broke into Gringotts like it was yesterday. He could understand why they were upset with him. Three teenagers breaking into the most powerful bank in the world made headlines and tarnished the reputation of the bank.