Chapter 26

I wake up around 4 am cause these nightmares were giving me too much anxiety. I get up and look around the window. You can still see all and pretty lights from down the street. I only see about 10 people walking on the street. I get up and put on some soft and fluffy slippers. I take my key card from the table and carefully walk out the door. I quickly look around for a map of the hotel. As I look all I see is hotel rooms and stripes on the wall. Oh yea and some signs to lead the way. I follow the signs to the elevators.

I walk past by some people. They look at me with kind and warming smiles. I look at them back with the same. I then find the elevator and find a map next to it. Looks like the hotel doesn't have any public rooftops to explore. But I guess they have a pool I can visit. I get into the elevator to the lobby. I  made it to the lobby and past by a couple of people looking like they were going to work?

"Umm excuse me miss? Where are you going?" I hear a lady from the front desk ask.

"Is it possible to be by the pool? I need to clear my head" I reply back with guilt.

"I'm sorry but the pool isn't open until 11 am to 9 pm" she informs me

"Oh OK, thank you for telling me" I say with a little sadness

Where can I go? I mean I guess it shouldn't be too early to eat. I grab my phone and search up some restaurants opened right now. I search and search and finally, I found one just ten minutes away, the early bird cook's. I decided to walk there since the sunrise is coming soon. I walk by just stores and stores. Its real nice here in Houston.

My mind gets caught up with how nice the scenery is that I almost past by the restaurant. I walk up to the door and just walk straight in. I see a couple of people and one cute couple. I look around for an empty seat. I find one and sit down noticing the American pride in here. Then I quickly look at the menu and notice so many good eats. A waitress comes by later on.

"Ok, what would you like sweetheart?" She tells me with a gentle smile

"I'll take the scramble eggs and ham with some blueberry pancakes" I reply handing her the menu

"Alrighty then" She takes my menu and walks away with a happy tone

As I patiently wait for my food, I check my phone. 2 missed calls from Cameron. Anxiety rushes through my body, he's probably worried about me. I call him back....no answer the first time. I call a second time.

"Athena where are you?? You shouldn't be out this late!" I hear Cameron whispers really loud

"Ok, calm down, I had a nightmare and need to clear my head. I'm at this restaurant called The early bird cook's." I explain to him

"Ok I'm coming over there got it?" Cameron says right before he hangs up.

Great. He's probably gonna scream at me for being out this early. Just because we have the Magcon show today doesn't mean I can't be out whenever? I did this all the time back home, just left the house at random times. I mean, yea I can get hurt but that never happened before.

As I look up I notice the nice waitress coming up to me with my delicious food. She gives me a soft smile as she gives me my food. I thank her and feel my stomach grumble. Then happily, as soon as I take the first bite I see Cameron walk in. He comes at me with a relieved look.

"Before you scream at me I have a perfect rea-" Cameron then cuts me off

"Look, I'm just here to join you" Cameron gives me a wink and grabs the menu

He looks on the menu and I just sit there eating my food with a happy look. He then stares at me and gives me a smile. I smile back, looking like a chipmunk with this food in my cheeks. Cameron laughs and then looks back at the menu. This feels real good, just the two of us. Later on, same waitress comes back and ask Cameron what he would like to get.

"I'm going to get the American slam with scrambled eggs and wheat toast" He gives the lady a gentle smile

She then takes the menu and walks away. So its just me and Cameron. We talk and talk, just having a good time. I honestly feel just happy and lucky to have him. He's a real special guy and he chose me as his girlfriend, wow. He's one of the most amazing guys I ever met. He's passionate about his dreams and goals. He cares about all's well being. Everyone also love him.

We finished talking as soon as his food arrived. He just stuffed it down, wow my boyfriend is a pig! But after we finished eating, we both noticed it was almost 6 and we had to get back before mahogany or anybody noticed. I got up and paid for my meal as well as Cameron did. We both walked back to the hotel and to our room as quickly as possible.

I slid my key card on the door and walked in quietly as possible. Since Cameron and I was up kinda early we were both sleepy and fell back sleep until our alarms woke us up in time for Magcon. I can officially say that the nightmare won't scare me anymore..