Chapter 20

*Athena's pov*

I walked on back up to my hotel room as Cameron took his stuff. I couldn't stop smiling tonight was amazing, I made it up to elevator and I was freaking out. Nothing that amazing of a date ever happened to me. I honestly now believe that boy is one of my weaknesses. He's perfect and just amazing, I wanted to kiss back there but I wasn't ready for all the problems that was gonna cause, so I played it off.

I made it up to my floor and walked to my room. I took a deep breath and slowly opened the door. I tip toed to my suitcase, grabbed my pj's and quietly ran to the bathroom. I shut the door a bit loud and turned on the lights. I looked in the mirror, as I was getting more confident by the second, I smiled. Fast as I can go, I changed into my pj's, which was my froggy shorts and an oversize white tee shirt. I grabbed my other clothes and opened the door and saw Matthew waking up. I quickly ran over to the suitcase, squatted down and dropped the clothes in there.

"Athena...what are you doing? its like what? 4 in the morning?" Matthew asked in a raspy voice

That second I thought I was gonna get caught. I got up slowly and smiled.

"I was trying to my headphones to listen to music since I can't fall asleep" I replied

"What time did you came here because by the time I fell asleep, you weren't here?" Matthew said in a rude way

"Oh, I came here around 1 am and I didn't wanna really wake you up" I stated with a little guilt

"How come you came late? And thought you were with Mahogany or something" Matthew asked

"Well, actually I was with Mahogany but she wanted to hang out with you guys and Cameron wanted to go to the store and we got lost and yea, basically that was it" I laughed

"Okay whatever, just go to sleep" Matthew demanded

"I'm going to sleep on the floor tonight so can you pass me a blanket?" I asked

He passed me a blanket and a pillow then I told him goodnight and he fell back to sleep. I lied down next to the window with my headphones on, looking at the incredible view of the all the lit up buildings and cars driving by. I checked my phone, scrolling through Twitter and then saw 2 messages from Cameron.

C: Hey tonight was amazing, we should hang out some other time :)

A: Thanks for everything, it was amazing 

A: By the way, Matthew believed the story

C: Told you it would work 

A: I might fall asleep so yea

C: Goodnight, I love ya :)

A: Night, love ya too <3

I was listening to throwbacks just thinking about life as I always do. I wanted to cry to be honest, this one song came on and it made me think of the kind of life I want. I want to be an actress and make people smile at the same time, I have so many struggles in life but I just want to see other people smiling and laughing, having a good time. I then cried silently, listening to throwbacks makes me wanna go back to how it use to be.

Back in Virginia, laughing and hanging out with Matthew at the Marina, promising we would never leave each others side. Matthew and I have a special bond, which i'm glad I have, he's my everything. He always been there for me and I couldn't ask for a better brother. Once he got asked to join Magcon, I felt sad because he was leaving me for a while but then he asked me to come with him since we can never leave each other's side.

But at the same time, i'm kinda happy with what I have. People who support me in what I do, amazing friends and i'm traveling the states and seeing beautiful places. These people make me laugh and are really cool people. I didn't knew them at first, when I first talked to them I was shy and awkward. I didn't really felt like being with them but then I started talking to them more and more and found out they are the best. I'm glad i know people like them.

It was probably 5 am in the morning and our flight to Houston is at 9. So I decided to stay up and fall asleep on the flight. I wanted to sneak out of the hotel room and go on the rooftop of the hotel. I grabbed my blanket and wrapped it around me. I quietly walked out and shut the door, slow and quietly.

"Athena? What are you doing?" I heard and turned around to see Shawn

"Just going to the rooftop since I can't sleep and to see the pretty view, what are you doing" I asked with a little smirk at the end

"Well i'm going to the gym here" he calmly said

"Is it possible you can come to the rooftop with me for a little while? Just to talk?" I begged

"Of course its fine" He smiled

We both walked to the elevator and we talked for a little bit until we hit the rooftop. It was beautiful, we can almost see all of Orlando, skyline of the buildings, lights, it was just beautiful. We went over to the couch near the ledge of the hotel and sat down.

"Are you cold? Because we can share this blanket if you want" I stated

"I'm a little cold but you should keep the blanket" He said

"If you're cold then I insist we share it" I smiled

We sat closer to each other and we wrapped the blanket around ourselves. We looked at the view and we were silent for a little while. I laid my head on his shoulder feeling a bit sleepy, he looked at me and I just smiled. Shawn and I really don't talk and he's a nice guy and one amazing singer.

"You know Shawn we need to talk more, you're an awesome guy" I beamed

"We really should, and thanks, you're one amazing gal" He smiled

"....you might not want to right now but can you sing a song for me?" I begged

"Its alright, what song?" He asked

"umm....Daylight by Maroon 5?" I requested

He started singing away and I felt happy. I was lip syncing to the song and looked at the beautiful view. I don't know why or how but the view of something makes me feel happy. Like the ocean, skyline, sunset, any scenery is beautiful and I feel calm or relaxed. Today is having a good start.