Chapter 29: The Sarah Thing

Start from the beginning

“I mean nah, he’s not here.” I said shrugging.

“Ohhh, then where is he?” She asked looking at me suspiciously. Her eyes giving me a knowing look.

“Just went out, you know giving doing stuff. But I think he just went to the…um convenient store, right, he went to the convenient store.” I answered indifferently.

“Uh-hu” She said smiling more amused by my act I can tell and riding with me. “Yeah sure he is, because you don’t have practically everything in your house right? Not like you never even went into a convenient store.” She replied laughing.

“Yep, totally. Convenient store is our middle name.” I smiled forcing myself not to laugh too.

We stared at each other for a while biting our lips trying not to laugh but fail. We laughed hysterically that we were out of breath before we can even stop. 

“Okay, I think I already grasped that concept that you can’t tell me where he is.” She said as I let her in.

“Yep” I said popping the P in the end.

She chuckled. “You’re so fun to be with Jake.” She said bumping my shoulder.

I grinned at her. “I know.” Then winked.

If I knew what was gonna happened next I would have never said anything to that woman…

“You know, I you are just too fun to be with Jake, so much more fun than James.”She purred. As she balled her lashes and gripped on my arm.

I furrowed my eye brows suddenly taken aback from her reply. I cleared my throat while I simply and gently shook her grip on me.

“Umm Sarah, what are you doing?” I asked as suddenly faced her. I didn’t saw the way she tiptoed and gripped in the back of my neck to kiss me.

I was shocked I pushed her back, gently as I can.

Oh shit. Thought as I stared at her in wide eyes.

“What the hell Sarah?!” I said wiping my mouth.

“What? I know you’ve always had an eye on me Jake, admit it you’ve always been in to me.”She purred as she placed her hand on my chest.

“What are you talking about? You know I don’t like you!” I shouted, then blinked because her face suddenly fell. I can see tear forming in her eyes.

Oh great, now I hurt her feelings.

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. She sat on the sofa and placed her head in her knees.

I sighed again and kneeled in front of her. “Hey, Sarah…” I said trying to pat her in the shoulder but she shook it off as she sobbed.

“I’m sorry, but you know I’ll never do that to my bro”I said but she suddenly lifted her head to see a smiling her smiling mischievously and then she suddenly attacked me again.

She kissed me again but this time she was clinging to me, her legs were wrapped in my waist and her hands were tangled in my hair.