Chapter 29: The Sarah Thing

Took AGES again to update, I just suck. :(

Hope it's worth the wait guys!!

SPOILER ALERT: Jake's here again YAY!!

Chapter 29!!

Enjoy! ♥

____~*~____________________________________________________________________     

      When you a person just shared something really special to you, like a very important secret or a really, really cool stuff. You’d be psyched right? Or maybe you’ll say some words of wisdom crap. But when Pauline told me about their mother, all I managed to reply was…

“Oh…” I mumbled, my eyes still wide.

“I—I don’t. I’m sorry— I guess… I don’t really know what to say…” I bit my tongue for being so stupid and to keep it from saying things that might embarrass me more.

She let out a shaky laugh. “Don’t worry, you don’t have to be sorry for anything. And thank you for your concern.” She lifted her beautiful brown eyes and smiled sadly at me.

I mentally slapped myself. Wow so much for words of wisdom, really. My consciousness said.

Right because you could have done better. My other consciousness retorted.

Shhh, shut up guys, this is not the time to be an idiot and talk to your multi personality self.

I sighed then smiled at her too. “I know, I know… but it’s just… I don’t get it. What Marcus said I mean…” I said trying to find the right words to describe him.

She studied my expression and she sighed too. “Please don’t judge him, I mean I know it might sound rash of him to say those things but… he is still my brother. Let’s just say Marcus isn’t a big fan of changes—even now but he’s just a kid back there, there are a lot of things he still doesn’t know back then. But I know that if our sister made it, he would have loved it and took care of her.”

I lowered my head, kind of embarrassed. I mean it’s not like I can help myself and think that way…but I guess Paula does have a point.

“I’m sorry…I should have said that.” I whispered.

“We’ll it’s not like you can help it can you?” She placed her and on top of mine to let me know she wasn’t mad or anything.

I shrugged.

“Okay where was I? Right….” Paula continued, she stared at the window watching people pass by. “Things… didn’t exactly go better after that. Not that they don’t talk anymore, no, not that. It’s just… different.”

“Jake and James are still inseparable, they still do everything together, but James just… changed, like he sees things differently now. They seem to argue about a lot of thigns now and have a lot more disagreements. As time passed pranks stopped being their top priority, they grew up but they still tell me everything, like I’m mom. They always defend me, telling me no guy will ever hurt me as long as both of them are around. They turned into my guy bodyguard.” She laughed. I chuckled too.

“I remember when a guy came into our house one night; they were practically there the whole time side by side, arms crossed and are in their complete protective mode. They scared the guy though his five years older than the twins. When I graduated I had to go to Paris… it was sad really, to be away from them but we still managed. Either they visit me or I’ll visit them. Then last year…”

She suddenly looked at me. She cleared her throat.

Here it is… “Mmm, Liza, have you heard about Sarah?” She suddenly asked her eyes sad.