Chapter 10: My Knight in Distress with Me the Damsel in Her Shiny Armor

“Urgh!” I screamed in frustration.

          What the hell? I’ve been on this way for like the one hundredth time! All thanks to Jake. For leaving me there at the attic! Sure thing he left and it sure is one heck of a dramatic exit. Respect. But to leave me alone there?! Screw him!

          I’m crawling in some stupid little hole I found. Grrr I know, I know. It’s my fault he left. But still I’ve been on this maze for like the past thirty minutes! When Jake left I didn’t exactly chased after him… I sort of cried… Because I so stupid! But still I didn’t have the information I was looking for…And he even surprised me. How can he know everything about me and I don’t even know the slightest information about him. Tsk, stupid Jake.

          I was almost at the end on the little tunnel that I’m crawling at. Yes! Finally! Seriously Jake, you could have left, like outside, like where I can’t FREAKING GET LOST! The only thing that makes me see through this dark, narrow, creepy tunnel is the light on the end. Seriously this is a freaking school! Why does it have this sort of tunnels?!  Then I’m suddenly at the end. I pushed the the…door? Was it a door? Then I fell on the ground.

          “OW!” I shrieked.

          A dozen of eyes fell on me. I was in…the kitchen…I came out of a FREAKING KITCHEN CUPBOARD!

“Uh..Ummm. Hey?” I said in embarrassment. Yay! I’m such a jinx. Guess who’s the only one who can pop in a five star restaurant kitchen cupboard. ME!

I got on my feet, removed the dusk on my clothes. They’re still staring dumfound of me. He he I guess I would have been scared to death to find a stranger coming out of my cupboard.

“Ohhkay…I’m going now.” I said then run to the door.

Way to go Liza! Keep it up! When I got out of the kitchen I was suddenly laughing out loud. I’m so stupid.

Until I got to our usual spot I was still laughing. Marcus was already there, drinking some coffee.

“What’s so funny?” He asked amused by face.

“Ohhh nothing.” I chuckled and took my seat.

He smiled. Damn he looks good.

“Can I hear the story why your full of dusk and motes?”

I laughed, but then I thought of something. What would I say? My- best-friend-slash-caddy-driver took me to the attic of the cafeteria without anyone’s permission? No, even though we had an argument I won’t put him in trouble.

“Hmmm let’s just say I came out of a closet.” I smiled and then laughed again.

I saw his eyes narrow for a split second, but then he laughed. Maybe the eye narrowing thing is just my imagination…

Then I continued “It’s a long story…”

“Well we got all day anyway.” He said.

What is that suppose to mean?  

“Well, what time am I gonna come pick you up?” He asked changing the subject.

I stared at him in confusion. “Pick up for what?” I said. Don’t tell he he’s talking about….our date?

“For our date, silly.” He answered.

“Maybe before lunch?” He asked when I didn’t answer.

“Hmmm Marcus, just so you know it’s a school day.” I said still confused. What is he talking about?

“Well haven’t you heard?” He asked amnd then smirked.