Chapter 29: The Sarah Thing

Depuis le début

“Ummm, not exactly…” I mumbled fiddling with my fingers shrugging to make it look nonchalance.

“Ohkay…” She said sounding as awkward as I am then she sighed. “I know I don’t really have the right to know what happened to you and my brother but I just want to say sorry. I am really sorry for all the trouble they gave you.” She said taking my hand.

I blinked, forcing the water that’s threatening to come out back. “I ummm…” I cleared my throat and pleading to myself that I won’t break down in front of her. “It’s okay… I you don’t have to be sorry for anything at all. You’ve done was to be nice to me so you don’t have to apologize…”

“I know… But I just want to tell you. And I know you have every right to know about Sarah too. You deserve that much.”

 I smiled, rubbing my eyes. “Thanks.”

She smiled sincerely back. “You’re welcome.”

“Right, the Sarah thing…” She told herself.

“Well, James met her two years ago… Met at a music store I think? I can’t really remember anymore. But I do know one thing James was in love with her the first time he saw her. He told Jake about her describing how she’s so perfect, funny and intelligent. Jake was happy for him and I know that Jake will never do anything to change that. When they’ve been together you can laugh at how happy he was. He told Jake right away and they were practically jumping up in down there on the house, cheering on the top of their lungs. James was happy, Sarah changed him, and he was better, much happier and a lot less grumpy unlike before. We thought that was it, Sarah was the one and she was so sweet and charming to us.” Her face suddenly turned bitter as she continued, like she’s suddenly remembering a bitch that stole her shoe or had bullied her not the Sarah that was perfect.

“They were about to celebrate their anniversary, I was in Paris, mom and dad were at work and James was out to buy and arrange something for Sarah. Jake was left at home. It was just him when Sarah came.”

== Jake ==

I was all alone; I was doing some runs on the treadmill, exercising a little when the doorbell rang.

 I stopped the machine, panting. I reached for my towel and went downstairs to get the door. James was out, he was too excited about their anniversary. I heard he was planning to some pretty awesome dinner in some surprise place with a great view.

I smiled.

James had been so happy since he met Sarah I can’t even imagine the guy without her.

I opened the door to see Sarah. She smiled at me her blond her curled and her green eyes sparkling.

“Hey Jake!”

“Yeah… Sarah.” I said closing the door more to not let her see I was alone. I kind of in a panic because Sarah doesn’t know James wasn’t around.

Surprise, remember?

“Umm is James there?” Sara said glancing inside, I pushed the door further.

“Ummm Yeah!” I replied, a little but too fast.

I mentally hit my head. ‘Idiot you’ll just make it obvious you’re lying’ I scolded myself.