{Seventeen}Immortal Academy l Midnight Kiss; Book One.

Chapter Seventeen,

Leader of the Dark Night.

I stood up, my fist across my heart; I bowed in respect to Melinda. My eyes darkened, as I glanced at Melinda.

"Headmistress, I believe White Roses' Stephan had told you I study and practice magic. Yes, I do but I've only regained my memories of my past a month ago, and you're making me Leader of the Dark Night, and Enchantress of Lucifer's Academy. I'm not saying I'm not honored, headmistress. I am honored, but as a sophomore and a young vampire, I don't think I have the rights to becoming the new leader and enchantress." I said, bowing my head.

Aaron and Bel stood up, smiling at each other.

"Headmistress, I believe what Lady Rosanna had said. But, from what I heard in Italy, Lady Rosanna risked her life to save a White Roses. Shouldn't it be a White Rose risking their life to save a Vampire? Not that I'm implying anything. Lady Rosanna will make a fine Leader and Enchantress." Aaron said, smiling.

"Rosanna, you'll make a fine Leader and Enchantress, so why shouldn't you take it up?" Headmistress Melinda asked, my stomach clenched, and I felt kind of sick.

"Because she is afraid. Afraid of what our current Leader, Amber, might to do her. She's afraid that she might not be able to control the school, the Dark Night. But believe me, Rosanna," Bel paused to look at me. "We believe in you, that you are the chosen one to lead the school, the Dark Night. We will lead you in this academy; we will help you, Rosanna. If you'll give it a chance."

My heart tightened, and Bel smiled gently at me.

"What Lord Bel had said is true, Lady Rosanna. You shall take up the position. I know herby," As Melinda spoke, we sat down. "Lady Rosanna Salvatore, Princess of Italy, to be the next chosen Dark Night's leader, Enchantress of the Lucifer's Academy!" Melinda exclaimed, the school cheering, except a young redhead. She glared at me with a pair of hateful eyes. Oh no, the last thing I need is someone to hate me.

"Rosanna, will you re do the whole group of Dark Night?" Melinda asked.

"Of course." I said, smiling.

"How will it be done?"

"King of Spade's chair, Queen of Heart's chair, Ace of Diamond's Chair, Jack of Club's Chair, and a Joker." I replied.

"A beautiful group of four. And who will be the chosen ones?" Melinda asked me quietly.

"King of Spade's chair will be Prince Bel, the element of water, Queen of Heart's chair would be myself, the element of five, and Jack of Club will be Aaron, the element of earth. I don't know about Ace of Diamond's chair, element of fire, yet. And the Joker, element of air. When I figure it out, I'll tell you, Headmistress." I said, my heart gave a small squeeze, but my gut still tight.

"Okay, school dismissed, you are now required to move back to your dorms now."

I dragged myself out of the auditorium, and slowly walked back to the apartment on my own. When someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around, and saw Amber. Her eyes lighted with fire.

"What?" I asked, looking at her.

"You stole my place as Leader of the Dark Night. Not only that, you're the enchantress of the Academy! How could you snatch a place like this?" She hissed, making me back against the wall.

"Let me clear some stuff. I didn't steal your place. Headmistress assigned me the position, even when I rejected it. I only practice magic, for crying out loud. What's your problem?" I asked.