{Fourteen}Immortal Academy l Midnight Kiss; Book One.

Start from the beginning

I changed into a simple tee and shorts, and laid on my soft bed, and fell asleep soon.

It was noon when I woke up. I guess I slept for good twelve hours.

"Good morning!" Kaori said, when I opened my eyes.

"Morning..." I said, yawning. I got out of bed, and got changed.

"What are we doing today?" Kaori asked me.

"I don't know. I thought you said we're flying back to Japan today." I said, rubbing my eyes.

"I did. But the flight is at seven in the evening." she whined.

"Come on, Kaori. Lets go for a swim!" I said, smiling.

Kaori's eyes glittered up as she nodded.

The weather was cold, so I decided to take a dip into the hot tub.

"Ahhhh, the water is so refreshing." Kaori cooed.

I smiled, and closed my eyes. A few footsteps was heard, followed by the drop of clothes, and water splashing. The hot water splashed on my face. I squint my eyes, before opening them to see mother beside me.

"Good morning, Rosanna." She hummed.

"G-good morning to you too mom!" I said, kind of startled that she'll be here.

"Enjoying Italy?" She asked.

"A little. Mother, why am I engaged to Prince Bel?" I said, remembering the 'Prince' title.

"Well, there wasn't any more candidates for you. As you know, your male cousins are younger than you. And Bel is the prefect choice." Mother said, relaxing against the water.

"But mum..." I said.

"I know you told your father you two won't get along. But I believe you will. Trust me my darling daughter." She said gently, touching my forehead with her hand.

Lunch was with the entire Italian family. Kaori decided to stay in my room while I had lunch. Father sat at the most important chair, followed by mother beside him, and me beside mother. Lunch was meat, and the drink was wine-blood. I ate quietly, and then walked back to my room. I walked down the most remote corridors.

"Rosanna.." A gentle and familiar voice called. I jumped at the voice, surprised someone was down here.

I spun around, and saw Bel leaning against the wall, looking very, very sad, and very, very good looking. My heart ached. I bit my lip to prevent myself from saying anything stupid.

"What is it?" I asked, leaning my back against the wall.

"There's something you should know." He replied.

"Eh?"

"I..." He said, walking towards me. He stopped just in front of me. I blinked. His eyes was filled

with sadness, and fondness.

"What is it?" I asked again.

He didn't say anything. He placed one hand on the wall, his other hand played with my hair. I didn't dare to breath. His eyes held mine. The wall behind his eyes seemed to crack.

"Rosanna," He said again.

"What?" I said, annoyed he called my name twice.

His fingers gently pushed my head to the side, baring my neck.

Bel leaned in, and bit deep and hard. I gasped. The pain quickly subsided, and a flow of sadness, sorrow, bitterness, happiness, joy entered my mind. I was thirsty, but he draining my blood was making me even more thirsty.

"Bel..." I said, resting my hand on his head.

He lifted his head from my neck, and his eyes were filled with sincerity and something sad and bitter. It torn my heart to see him look like this. But my eyes reflected in his, and I saw a shade of scarlet red with orange irises. He took my right hand, and lifted my index finger. Using my black painted nail, he cut it across his neck. I watch the blood trickle out in amazement.

"C'mon Rosanna." He breathed, wanting me to drink his blood.

I closed my eyes, and let my vampire instincts take over.

I leaned in and held the other side of his neck with one hand, and the other hand on his shoulder. My tongue snaked out, and licked his blood. Baring my fangs. I bit the skin, and his blood flowed out quickly. His quiet gasp was replaced with a quiet moan. His blood was sweet, intoxicating, and definitely delicious. It was like sweet like cotton candy. His fingers wound through my hair. Something hit me hard.

"You're such an irresponsible child!"

"Poor him... His mother passed away at such a young age. And his stepmother is too much. Look

at the scars..."

"You can't do anything right, what's wrong with you, you stupid child?"

The sudden hit of a belt against something could be heard. And mind you, it was painful.

"Your step mother is a lovely person. You have to learn to appreciate her. She sacrificed her

royal status in Australia to be with me. Even though, your biological mother, who gave up her royal status in Russia, she's already gone, Bel. Already gone."

"You can't do anything right!"

A sharp painful feeling pierced through me. It was a razor cutting Bel's arm. His stepmother was abusing him, and I realized it was all memories of Bel.

"A sorrowful past." I whispered, as I opened my eyes again.

Bel looked quite tired.

"Are you okay?" I asked, standing straight.

"Worn out. Probably cause you read my past." he replied, his hand going through my hair to untangle a knot.

"Ah.. I'm sorry." I said, looking away.

"The ability to view someone's past. What a strong power you've got there." He said.

Bel looked at me, and nodded, leaving me alone, not for long. Kaori flew around, and stopped beside me.

"You look better." Kaori accused.

I narrowed my eyes at her. She grinned, and I nearly knocked into someone. Oh my, he was another charming young teen who was at least eighteen. But then, he suddenly reminded me of Stephan.

"Stephan?" I asked.

The young teen looked at me, and indeed he was Stephan.

"Konichiwa." He said, smiling. He had a Japanese accent, and he looked different. His dark brown hair was slightly lighter, his black eyes slightly browner. Japanese accent?

"Eh? Why are you-" I began to ask, he lifted a finger to my lips, his eyes looking around the corridors, before saying, "I'm not human."

My eyes widened.