Working The Night Shift

Aaron's point of view

     I decide to take Tyrone's shift at the night club. It's pretty boring because Jeremy isn't working tonight. I'm all alone behind the bar struggling to get the drinks to everyone at a steady pace.
     I suddenly get a text from Jeremy.

Jeremy-"Hey sexy, when you're done with your shift wanna go out for some dinner, lunch, breakfast. Depending on when your shift ends."

Me-"Sure. My shift ends in 3 hours. It should be around lunch time when I'm done."

Jeremy-"Cool, meet me at your house when your done and well go out."

Me-"K, cya then."

     Did he actually just ask me out on another date? Wow, I guess things are going pretty well between us. Too bad I lied about when I'm getting off work. I'm getting done in an hour but I'm heading over to check on Tyrone and James.
     It's quitting time and when I go to pack up my stuff and head out some dude comes walking in with an assault rifle threatening to shoot a gay couple. I quickly run over and stand in front of the couple which happens to be in front of the gun.

Me-"Calm down, let's talk about this."

Shooter-"There is nothing to talk about. You and your filthy faggots are meant to be in hell. God sent me to personally send each and every one of you there."

Me-"Ok, let's rethink this before you go shooting innocent people."

Shooter-"INNOCENT?!?! HOW ARE ALL OF YOU INNOCENT?!?! MEN ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE WITH MEN!! WOMEN ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE WITH WOMEN!! DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT ITS A SIN?!?!"

Me-"How about we put the gun down."

Shooter-"NO!! IM GONNA KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU FAGS!!"

     The shooter goes to cock his gun but I quickly run over and struggle to get the gun away from him. Damn, he's way stronger than I thought. I almost have the gun when he decides to pull the trigger. This results in the butt of the gun wailing him in the face rendering him unconscious and the gun shooting me in the chest.
     All I remember is the gay couple who I was trying to save rip out their phone and the other press down on the wound trying to stop the blood. I remember fading into nothing watching the terrifying expressions on the clients' faces as I lay there bleeding out. Suddenly I black out, feeling as though I'm weightless. Is it over? Am I over?
--------------------------------------------
James's point of view

     I remember the moment as if it's my whole life. I'm sitting there holding Tyrone's hand having a conversation with him when I get the news. Aaron was shot. I remember feeling numb, the pain seeping in slowly. I didn't think it was real until I got down to the lobby and saw him being carted in.
     There's so much blood. I remember almost passing out due to the amount. The realisation kicking in. The pain experienced from falling to my knees doubled over from the crying. The feeling of Jeremy lifting me up. It's insurmountable. The pain of knowing you might lose a friend.
     I run over to the gurney. The nurses telling me to back away. I didn't. I stayed there following the gurney until I was being held back. I remember the nurses threatening to tranquillise me. I didn't care. They ended up getting a needle and plunging it into me trying to calm me down. I remember darkness. The thick drowsiness seeping into every vein in my body.
     The peacefulness of falling asleep. Whether is be by itself or induced, it's still bitter sweet. I black out. I feel numb.
--------------------------------------------
Aaron's point of view

     I wake up every 12 minutes and see 5 or 6 nurses and doctors hovering over me trying to stitch up my wound. They can't find out where I'm bleeding from. Great. I might die after all. I see them pass around cloths drenched in blood and tools stained red. How long has it been since I was shot, I don't know but I know that I've lost a lot of blood.
     What am I supposed to do? All I can feel is numbness and a sliver of pain as I feel the tools dig into me trying to see where I'm bleeding from. I suppose it wouldn't be too bad if I died. Sure, a lot of people will be hurt and will cry for many weeks over my death but it would be peaceful. I guess I kinda want to die. It seems nice and delicate. I would be free from worry and misery.
     I'm still coming in and out of consciousness when I see a face I know. It's Trip! Is he a doctor or am I hallucinating? I hear him yelling at me to stick tight and to not give in. I want to believe that I will survive but the sweet comfort of death is pulling me in.

To be continued...