Classes

At the end of Chemistry, the students filtered into their next classes. As they walked into the drama room they immediately noticed a small man on a stage in a puffy shouldered costume, talking to a skull puppet. It looked as if the two of them were having an argument.

"I told you to be a dead, lifeless, and silent head!" The little man yelled at the puppet.

"What if I don't want to be a lifeless skull?!?" It retaliated in a shrill voice, "What if I want to be the dashing hero?!"

"For the last time I said-" The man cut off abruptly when he saw them in the doorway, putting the skull in front of him, "Welcome! This is my drama classroom, where you can be yourself and more!"

The skull on his hand turned towards them and clacked its teeth, "Mmm... Fresh meat."

The group looked at each other then they chuckled and strolled into the small room.

The room was tiny and it only had a small stage and a large wardrobe to decorate, though it couldn't fit much more.

"So what your names?" The man said hopping down form the stage.

"My name is Elizabeth, and this is Mark, Courtney, and Jake." she said gesturing at each corresponding person.

"It's a pleasure to meet you all," he bowed and grinned, "My name is Mr. Mitchells. I am your drama teacher."

A time skip, brought to you by eccentric drama teachers...

"Well the drama teacher's, " Courtney paused trying to think of the word, "...interesting I guess."

"You've got that right. Can't get much more interesting than that." Mark chuckled.

The next few hours passed in a blur of long math problems, crazy poems, and boring art lectures until the team had to split up.

"Where do you guys want me to meet you?" Elizabeth asked.

"Just meet us at sixth hour then I guess we'll split again for seventh." Jake replied.

"Okay see you then." Elizabeth muttered.

Elizabeth walked into the small choir room and looked around. The room had a few chairs and the ceiling was covered in strategically placed fabric wedges that improved the sound in the room. A piano was set against the back wall and a petite, sweet-looking woman sat at a desk, furiously tapping away at the computer. The walls had a few colored sheets of paper that had musical terms and symbols and a staff filled with notes was pasted in the middle of the front wall. As Elizabeth stepped further into the room, the woman glanced up from her screen.

"Oh!" she exclaimed, startled, "I didn't see you come in."

She jumped up from her chair and quickly shuffled around the small desk to greet her. As she approached, Elizabeth realized how small she was, four and half feet at most.

"Welcome to your advanced choral class." she announced happily, "My name is Mrs. Smith, and I'm your new teacher."

"Nice to meet you Mrs. Smith." She replied, "My name is Elizabeth."

Mrs. Smith looked over Elizabeth's shoulder to glance at something behind her. Elizabeth quickly turned around to see what it was. Adrian sauntered into the room and he observed it quickly. As his eyes landed on Elizabeth, he froze. He slowly pulled his hands out from their usual spot in his pockets and straightened his back, before he slowly walked over to where the two of them stood.

A small snicker came from the back of the class as one of his 'cool' friends noticed his change in attitude. Adrian glared at him before he turned back to Elizabeth.

"Hey babe," Adrian said smiling, putting his hand on Elizabeth's shoulder.

"Never call me that again," Elizabeth said sternly shrugging off his hand.

A few hoots came from the back of the room from his friends.

"Oh shut up people. You really think that he would ever have a chance with me?" Elizabeth questioned glaring over at the boys then back to Adrian.

"Kids this is not drama, this is choir" Mrs. Smith said sternly. "Get to your assigned spots. Elizabeth your spot is next Michael."

As they moved to their spots, Elizabeth heard Adrain mutter to himself angrily.

When Elizabeth reached her spot next to Michael she heard him mumble, "He never stops talking about you, you know. It's getting kind of annoying."

"Adrian in general is annoying," Elizabeth said dully.

Michael smiled at that, "Very true. You're a smart girl, make sure you keep that brain of yours or else Adrian will think that he has a chance."

Elizabeth didn't get a chance to respond because Mrs. Smith started class at that moment.

A time skip brought to you by annoying secondary characters...

When class ended Elizabeth made a beeline for the door. She wasn't fast enough. Adrian caught up with her, putting his arm around her as they exited.

The team was standing outside the door in the hallway waiting for her, since Mrs. Smith let out a little late. All of their expressions darkened, especially Mark's, when they noticed Adrian's arm around her slim shoulders. Noticing this, she shrugged his arm off and acted like nothing had happened.

"Hey guys, thanks for waiting for me. Let's go to English," Elizabeth said already walking off. The team stood there frozen for a few moments, then followed.

Adrian was left standing there in the middle of the hallway with a dumb look on his face. That soon faded when his friends came up to him, slapping him on the back and asking questions about the mystery girl he was hitting on.

In English, Courtney was pelting Elizabeth with questions about what happened in choir.

"So what exactly did he do?" Courtney inquired.

"I told you he just was hitting on me and trying to be 'seductive'." Elizabeth snapped, "And besides I don't want to talk about it right now."

"I know you told me, but I want you to tell me," Courtney repeated, "I need details honey."

Elizabeth let out a sigh of frustration and repeated the story for the third time, in a little more detail than before.

"Do you like him or something? You seem to be taking the flirting more than a person who hated him would." Courtney said, raising an eyebrow.

"No! I don't like him!" Elizabeth exclaimed loudly.

Mark turned to look at her and she met his eyes before she shied away and looked at Courtney who was smirking, looking very self-satisfied. Courtney leaned closer to Elizabeth and whispered in her ear, "We'll talk later. This time away from prying eyes and ears and with all the details."
_______________________________________

Hello readers! Once again this chapter and I think the next one are just fun, setting establishing chapters and don't really contribute to the plot but I just wanted some background information on everything. Go to my profile and check out As The World Passed Me By and The Last Ten Days. They are some short stories I'm (I being BookNerd1201) writing by myself. They will be updated fairly slowly but they're still going to be out there and I'd love to see some feedback on any of the books on my profile. I hope you guys enjoyed! Keep reading my friends! Peace!✌😜