Lasers

She was looking at the swinging arm just about to go overhead. "Oh no... This is going to be painful..." Courtney complained.

"Jump!" Elizabeth shouted, jumping for the arm. 

They landed heavily and grabbed a hold of the sweeper. The floor above them was shifting back and forth.

"That's not going to be fun..." Courtney thought.

"Grab for the next floor! Careful it's moving!" Elizabeth commanded.

"Duh!" Courtney yelled before they grabbed for the floor and just barely held on as it started to shake harder, "What's happening?!?"

"Let's just get to the top!" Elizabeth said pulling herself to the next floor.

Courtney pulled herself up to the next floor and once they got there, they looked around. The floor was shifting around and there was a large spinning pillar covered in posts. The floor above was too high up to jump to so the posts were the only way up.

"There's no fancy way of doing this. We just have to flat out get to that pillar and climb to the top," Elizabeth explained.

"Okay then. Short and sweet. My kind of plan," Courtney said cracking her fingers, "Let's do this!"

They started to shuffle forward and they finally made to the pillar and started to climb up, "Grip with your legs too!"

"Got it!" Courtney shouted.

They slowly started to make progress up the pillar and then pulled themselves on to the sixth level. There wasn't any immediate danger so Courtney looked over the edge and looked for Jake. Jake was on the fourth floor trying to deal with the sweepers.

"Ha!" Courtney yelled down to Jake.

"Ha, yourself!" Jake yelled back up.

"Duck!" Elizabeth ordered.

Courtney immediately dropped to the floor and rolled to where she could see what was flying over her. A disc-like object flew over her head, "What was that?!"

Courtney looked up towards the center of the room. A large machine was spinning around and shooting out the disc objects. It was shooting them at an extremely fast rate with discs flying out in every direction. Elizabeth suddenly vaulted up on to the machine and started trying to turn it off.

"Courtney I can't stay on much longer! Try to get on and help me out!" she yelled.

Courtney started running forward and jumped towards the machine. A disc just missed her stomach and another almost hit her head, "Woah! That was way too close!" Courtney jumped and grabbed on to one of the machines posts from where the discs were being launched, "Now what?!?"

"Come up here and help me!!" Elizabeth shouted. Courtney climbed up the rapidly spinning machine and started to help Elizabeth turn it off. The machine suddenly stopped moving, "Hurry! We need to get up to the next floor in the next thirty seconds! It's going to restart so it'll be harder for Jake!"

They got to the very top of the machine and jumped to the next floor Just as it reactivated. The floor was covered in writhing snakes. Courtney stood there, horrified, but Elizabeth just kept trudging through them, "It's hallucinogenic gas! If you had paid attention when we had first gotten up, there was glass around this platform and when the snakes bite it doesn't hurt!"

Courtney shook her head for a second to clear it, then started to trudge through the snakes to the ladder on the side of the room. Elizabeth was walking the other direction, "What are you doing?"

"The way out is this way," Elizabeth explained.

"But the ladder is over here," Courtney said pointing at the other side of the room.