Rain, Rain Go Away

"I'm so bored. Who came up with this road trip idea anyways?" Courtney complained.

"I was pretty sure you came up with this lovely idea Courtney," Jake growled in annoyance. The group sat in silence, squished under the tiny bus stop eave in the pouring rain. Courtney was huddled under a small water-proof blanket with Elizabeth squished up beside her. Mark and Jake sat miserably out in the pouring rain because there wasn't enough room under the eave.

"Hey, Courtney could you please give up either your spot under the eave or at least the blanket? Me and Jake are completely unprotected out in the rain," Mark said exasperatedly.

"Well you guys are supposed to be big, strong, protective, kind, and selfless," Courtney said raising her voice into a very feminine octave and batting her eyelashes, "You can deal with it. Anyways you'll just get the blanket wet if you take it now." Her act dropped after the first sentence. Mark sighed in disappointment and hunkered against the rain once again.

Elizabeth rummaged through her satchel before a guilty look crossed her face. She drew out a small umbrella from the bottom of her bag and quietly held it out to Mark. "You couldn't have found this earlier?!?" He exclaimed, extremely annoyed.

"I'm sorry I forgot about it!" Elizabeth retaliated.

Mark snatched the umbrella out of her hand and put it up as the bus pulled up to the station. Mark's annoyance rolled off of him in waves. "Sorry..." Elizabeth murmured softly.

The miserable group trudged onto the bus to get their seats before the bus started to move again. As they rode along, Courtney with her head on Jake's shoulder, started to hum to a song coming from the overhead speakers. Slowly Elizabeth started to sing along as well. As the infectious tune floated from their lips, Mark and Jake started to hum along as well. Soon the entire group was singing at the top of their lungs and the empty bus filled with the sound of their improving mood. The Greyhound bus-driver started to sing along before he burst into laughter.

"This is some of the most fun I've had in ages!" He exclaimed, "Ya'll going to the academy?"

"Yeah. How'd you know?" Courtney replied skeptically.

"It just seems that you would. I know it specializes in music and most people don't burst into song on a Greyhound," he laughed.

Courtney broke into a grin. "Well we pride ourselves on having fun," she stated, still trying to control the laughter spasming through her body.

After they had calmed down, they settled down into comfortable positions and went to sleep for the long bus ride...

A time skip, brought to you by long bus rides...

"Ya'll better get up if you want to make it the rest of the way to Chicago!" The bus-driver yelled back to the groggy group.

"What?" Mark mumbled sleepily.

"Why do you wake me from my slumber! Do you have a death wish?" Courtney demanded sitting up from Jakes shoulder where she had fallen asleep.

Elizabeth and Jake looked at each other and chuckled a little. They were complete alert and ready to go the second the bus-driver had yelled for them to get up. "Sorry about her. She gets medieval when she's tired," Elizabeth laughed softly as she walked past the nice bus-driver.

As the group stepped out into the pelting rain, Elizabeth and Courtney huddled under the water-proof blanket and Mark and Jake squished under the umbrella.

"Why does it have to rain wherever we go?!?" Courtney exclaimed loudly.

"Hey at least we all have something to help us stay out of the rain," Mark mumbled glaring at Elizabeth.

"Are you really going to hold a grudge over a stupid umbrella?" Elizabeth exclaimed.

"Yes. Yes I am," Mark stated stubbornly.

Elizabeth sighed and trudged along beside Courtney to the next bus station. When they arrived, the rain had slowed down a bit and eave was much larger than the previous one so they sat comfortably underneath.

"Do you guys want to play a game or something?" Courtney proposed.

"What game?" Jake asked curiously.

"I don't know," Courtney muttered.

Jake's face lit up, "How about iSpy?"

Elizabeth laughed, "I haven't played that game since I was little."

"Okay then, any objections?" Jake asked looking around. No one raised their hands or spoke out so Jake continued, "Let's play! I spy, with my little eye... Something... Gray!"

Mark looked up and then stated dully, "The eave."

"Nope," Jake answered quickly.

"That car over there," Mark tried again.

"Nope," Jake stated happily.

"How about the blanket the girls have?" Mark guessed.

"Nope," Jake laughed, "You'll never guess!"

"Fine," Mark sighed, "What is it?"

"The sky!" Jake exclaimed.

The group sat in silence after the painfully obvious answer was told.

Soon the bus pulled up to their station and they climbed on to get their seats. Hopefully Akron wouldn't be as rainy as New Jersey...

_______________________________________

Hello readers! Sorry for the late update... I just had some other stuff I went to do and I couldn't bring electronics. We hope you liked the chapter and once again, I'd like to ask you guys for suggestions for a new title. We would love it if you guys clicked the star in the corner and voted if you enjoyed. Keep reading my friends! Peace!✌😜