Interruptions

Courtney woke up with a start. Where was she? It all came back to her in a rush. The sparring with Elizabeth, landing a blow and her retaliating aggressively, falling and the world almost fading away. Then she remembered the shadowy figure rushing to her, cool water running down her throat, a sweet square of ambrosia, and a gentle touch helping drink before setting her down. Just as she was able to open her eyes the figure easing her to the ground and the sound of receding footsteps. Finally the blissful blackness of a deep, dreamless sleep. 

She sat up to see exactly where she had collapsed and how long she had been unconscious. It was still pitch black outside and Elizabeth was over by one of the sets of bleachers with a small square of ambrosia and a water bottle. Elizabeth noticed her stirring and she stood up with a grimace.

"You alright?" Elizabeth asked listlessly, clearly still recovering from their fierce sparring match.

"Yeah. I'm fine just a little bruised," Courtney replied.

Elizabeth nodded then quickly said, "Someone was here..." She pointed at the ground where the grass had been flattened from someone crouching.

"I told you so! I knew I saw something!" Courtney exclaimed. She had pointed something out that looked like a person but Elizabeth had dismissed the notion.

"Whatever you say," Elizabeth muttered before she slowly stood, cringing, and walked over to Courtney. "Can you stand?" She offered her hand to Courtney. Courtney grabbed her hand and expected a wave of pain, but it didn't come. She stood easily.

"Apparently Mr. Mysterious helped me out before he ran off," Courtney said.

"He? How do you know that it was a guy?" Elizabeth questioned.

"I almost woke up and I saw this weird figure running away as I started to open my eyes. I thought it was a dream," Courtney explained.

"Did you see what he looked like or who he was?" Elizabeth pressed, trying to make sure it was someone they could trust.

"No. My eyes were closed and his back was to me when he ran away," Courtney replied, "But wait... Why would he only help me and not you? Maybe he was too much of a hurry but that knot on your head proves you have the most visible injuries."

"Hmm... That is weird... True I might have the knot on my head but look at your shirt for a second," Elizabeth stated.

Courtney looked down to see her shirt in ruins. Small cuts covered her torso and it was a miracle her shirt hadn't fallen apart yet. "Oh..." She mumbled, "Well let's just go to the cabins and change into so clean clothes. Hopefully, tomorrow nothing's going to happen."

3:00 am...

Percy rushed into the cabin, in a frenzied panic.

"Courtney!" He yelled running over to her bunk, where she had been sleeping peacefully seconds before. "Get up! The camp is under attack!"

"I don't wanna..." Courtney mumbled facedown into her pillow.

"Courtney, did you hear me?! The camp is under attack!!! You have to get up!" Percy yelled.

"I told you. I. Don't. Want. To," She rolled on to her side away from him and snuggled back into her blankets.

Percy rolled his eyes and muttered, "If it has to be that way then..." He ran out of the cabin and entered with Tyson on his heels. Tyson walked over to the bunk, picked it up, and walked outside, where he promptly dumped Courtney into a soft spot of grass.

Startled, Courtney quickly rose to her feet and started chewing Tyson out, "Tyson! How could you! I thought you were the only one I could trust," She crossed her arms and angled away from both of them, "I'm hurt..."