Muffins

As the mist cleared, the group saw that they were standing in the middle of the large crowd of nervous demigods. The nearest demigods jumped at their appearance and Percy came rushing out of the mass of people. He ran over to Courtney and grabbed her by the shoulders. "What happened?!?" he asked shaking Courtney back and forth as he talked, "Why did you suddenly appear?!? Where did the bull go?!?"

"Woah. One question at a time big bro. And can you please stop shaking me?" Courtney replied.

Percy let go of her shoulders but continued pelting them with questions, "Where did you guys go? Where did the bull go? What happened while you were gone?"

"First, we went to a weird cave near the center of the woods. Second, I have no idea where the bull went. And third, we received a quest from Athena," Elizabeth answered in rapid succession.

Percy, seemingly pacified by her answers, nodded and directed them towards the Big House.

"But wait!" Courtney exclaimed suddenly.

"What?!?" Percy said his attention riveted on Courtney the instant she had spoken.

"I'm hungry," Courtney stated plainly.

"That's true. I'm a little hungry too," Elizabeth agreed.

Percy sighed and adjusted his course towards the mess hall.

______________________________________

The five of them sat in the main room of the Big House on assorted couches and chairs, eating muffins the size of mountains with coffee and tea.

"So what exactly happened?" Chiron asked calmly.

"We walked into the woods, the branches behind us closed up. We walked uneventfully through the undergrowth following the gold string. Then we arrived at a clearing with a large cave opening in the center of it. We jumped down and the string changed colors to blue. The mist that filled the cavern swirled and the gods Ares, Aphrodite, Athena, Hephaestus, and Poseidon stepped out. They talked to us, Courtney almost got into a fight with Ares, and Athena gave us a quest to retrieve the shield Aegis in the next month. Then finally, we were engulfed in a thick cloud of blue mist and we appeared here," Elizabeth explained.

"Hmm..." Chiron said, deep in thought, "Do you remember any other odd things about your surroundings?"

"No... Well actually come to think of it the clearing that the cave opening was in had no plants except for the short, stubbly grass. Like plants were leaning in but it seemed like they couldn't come into the clearing," Elizabeth answered.

"That's interesting..." Chiron mumbled, "I'll have to think on it. Does anyone else have any questions?"

Courtney raised her hand and asked Elizabeth, "Are you going to eat that?" She pointed at the muffin in Elizabeth's hands.

"Nah. You can have it," Elizabeth said handing the mountain of a muffin to Courtney's eager hands.

Just as Courtney was about to take a bite Percy blurted, "What? No don't eat that!"

"Why not?" Courtney hesitated.

"Elizabeth bit off of it. That's just weird and gross. Don't eat it, just throw it away," Percy explained.

"No. I'm not going to throw it away," Courtney stated.

"Just throw it away," Percy ordered.

"No," Courtney said defiantly.

"Just put it in the trash!" Percy exclaimed getting frustrated.

"I'll put you in the trash!" Courtney said standing up.