Innocent Little Werewolves

Elizabeth and Mark had left the café a few minutes after Courtney and Jake to try and prevent monsters from catching their scent. As they walked down the crowded street, a tall, skinny, blonde-haired girl in a tight, hot pink halter top and tiny white mini skirt, practically threw herself at Mark. "OMG! Like, you are so cute!" she exclaimed as she pulled him into a less crowded area, talking the entire way, "I'm, like, Trish. You just look so sweet! I could just eat you up right here!"

Mark looked in thinly veiled disgust at the girl on his arm and just as he opened his mouth to speak, he looked over and saw the horrified expression on Elizabeth's face just before she yelled, "It's an empusa!"

He immediately tried to peel the clingy girl off of his arm but she was not letting go. She smirked at his futile attempts to shake her off as Elizabeth scrambled to get her daggers out of the bag. Trish opened her mouth, putting on full display her long fangs, before lurching forward, trying to bite the sensitive skin of his neck. Elizabeth pulled out her daggers just as Trish pulled his arm back to reach his neck. Before anyone could do anything, two small wolves attacked the empusa and tore her off Mark. She screamed in frustration as she returned the attack. The wolves tore a deep gash into her stomach and after one finally howl of pain, Trish disintegrated into a pile of dust. The panting wolves then slowly changed into two small kids, a ten year old looking boy and a small girl with adorable pigtails that looked about six. The boy sniffed and wiped his nose on his sleeve and the little girl giggled at their confused look.

"Why did you help us?" Elizabeth inquired, getting straight to the point.

The boy shrugged in a way only a ten year old could and replied nonchalantly, "You smell like the girl that beat up our dad."

"Wait, what?!?" Mark blurted, "Who's your dad?!"

"Lycaon," the little girl smiled innocently as she answered.

Their mouths gaped open on disbelief causing the girl to giggle more at their astonished expressions. "My daddy's helping her find something," she pulled on the hem of Elizabeth's shirt until she leaned down to eye level with her and whispered loudly into her ear, "I think he likes her." She giggled even more at this.

"So, about this girl," Mark interrupted, "Does she happen to have blonde hair, blue eyes, and a boy with brown hair with her?"

"Yep," she stated happily, "That sounds like her." She once again leaned over to where Elizabeth was still crouched and whispered, "I think she's pretty. Can I meet her in person with you?" Elizabeth chuckled softly and nodded. The girl's face lit up and she ran over to where the boy was still standing awkwardly. "We get to meet the pretty girl!" she exclaimed.

The boy seemed to get even more uncomfortable at her happy outburst and he squirmed under their amused gaze. "Are you sure we can stay with them Millie? Won't we get in trouble for 'slacking off?'" he questioned.

The little girl, Millie, frowned at this. "Please Jack! We can just say we got held back by some monsters or something! I want to meet the pretty girl!" Millie whined, her earlier happiness dissipating. She looked at the older boy with soft puppy dog eyes and stuck out her lower lip in a mock pout, "Please?"

Jack held his ground for a while before finally her persistence wore him down. "Fine..." he mumbled, "We can stay with them until the girl comes, you can meet her and we'll leave. Okay?"

She nodded slightly, a grin spreading across her young face, and started to hum and skip alongside Elizabeth and Mark as they continued their journey to the rendezvous spot.

As they approached, they saw that Courtney and Jake were already standing there in deep conversation. Courtney's head snapped over to look at them when she heard their approach but her expression softened, seeing that they were friendly and not some monster. "What took you guys so long, " she teased, "We've been here forever." She let out an exaggerated sigh before she noticed the two kids standing back from their group. "Who are these cuties?" Courtney inquired leaning down to get a better look at them.

Millie suddenly got shy and hid behind Elizabeth's legs. Elizabeth chuckled softly at that and gently nudged her back out into the open. "This is Millie," she stated, "And that boy over there is Jack. They helped us out when an emposa attacked Mark." Millie waved timidly and Jack just gave a sharp nod of acknowledgment.

"Now you two must be quite the fighters," Courtney smiled.

"You're better," Millie spoke up, "You beat dad."

A look of understanding came over Courtney's face as she realized why they were such good fighters and why they helped her friends.

Suddenly two full grown wolves came out of the maze of warehouses the team was standing by. In the blink of an eye, they were two men who gave a gruff nod to Courtney and a look of surprise to Millie and Jack. "What are you two doing here?" they questioned, "You're supposed to be over near the base."

Jack looked sheepishly down at his feet and mumbled an apology. Millie looked the two of them in eye confidently and stated, "We wanted to meet the girl that beat dad."

The adults nodded in acceptance and focused their attention back on Courtney. "We have found the warehouse you were looking for. If you're ready to go now we will show you the way," one of them said.

Courtney looked over the group, "You guys ready?"

"Like you've said before, we were born ready," Mark replied.

They cracked a smile and chuckled nervously. "Into the great beyond!" Jake exclaimed.

"To infinity and beyond!" Courtney countered.

They laughed as they followed the two men into the maze of buildings and cranes. They were on their way and they could practically taste the victory that awaited them.

_______________________________________

Hello readers! Sorry this is such a short chapter, I just wanted a nice filler to bridge important parts. *wink wink* I should be able to start publishing regularly since it's summer and I have a whole bunch of parts stewing, ready to be served. SilverWolfMoon wrote the original version of this so the idea is credited to her. I have a question for you guys. We're going to try and write another story on my account called Shifting Tides. We'll be publishing it soon but here's a little sneak peek of the prologue. Enjoy!

Shifting Tides

Prologue

My name is Nicole Jones and the crazy blonde chick over there, that's my best friend Ava Fitz. And I don't just mean that we're good friends, we've known each other for 13 years. We met in first grade but we didn't become friends til about the middle of the year. When she came that first day I remember thinking, "Geez she looks annoying," and trying to avoid her but the teacher, Mrs. Reaves, told her to sit next to me. She looked at me with her big blue eyes, stuck out her hand, and said, "Hi. I'm Ava." She smiled at me like we were old friends and asked, "What's your name?" I told her my name was Nicole and she smiled even brighter. "I'm gonna call you Nikki." And that's how it all started, she would talk to me and I would listen and not say anything back. That's how it was until the middle of the year, we were doing arts and crafts and she was showing me some really pretty blue glitter she had in her hand. I was leaning over her to get a better look when someone scared her and she jumped, accidentally shoving the handful of glitter into my face. She kept on apologizing for the mess and Mrs. Reaves let us go to the bathroom to get cleaned up. When we got there she started crying saying she was sorry and she understood if I didn't want to be her friend anymore. I asked her if she really thought of me as a friend and she replied of course. I hadn't really had any friends before so the thought was foreign. Now we've been best friends ever since. 13 years and we've never had a big fight or fought over a boy we liked. Both our parents are entrepreneurs, and they recently got a business proposal in the mail from these two super rich families. These families own almost half of the businesses in the U.S. and have connections with the other half. And we got a letter from them. This is the story of how our world got turned upside-down...

How do you guys like it? Comment your opinion and any ideas. Remember, any feedback is greatly appreciated and we hope you guys would consider clicking that little star in the corner.😊 This is a long author's note... We hope you guys liked the chapter and you'll stick with us til the end. Peace! ✌😜