Secrets

"Come to get your butt kicked?" Courtney said snarkily.

"No, but you sure have," Annabeth's smile grew as they charged her. She ran at them and demigods red and blue alike, fell around them.

"Wow. You guys are good. I haven't had a fight like this against a newbie since Percy came. He surprised me with his water abilities but I haven't underestimated a newbie since," Annabeth said proudly.

As she was talking, an attempt to distract the girls, Courtney suddenly rushed forward and surprised her. She got under her guard creating an opening for Elizabeth to come, knock her to the ground and put a gunong to her throat. Elizabeth smiled, "Checkmate."

Courtney knocked Annabeth on the head with her staff, efficiently knocking her out. The girls high-fived and then rushed back into battle. As the last people fell, they were in a clearing with a small creek. They saw the flag and rushed forward towards it. Then ten kids dropped out of the trees, throwing daggers and firing static arrows.

"Dodgeball," Courtney muttered softly so only Elizabeth could hear.

Elizabeth nodded and they surged forward as one, hitting arrows out of the air and deflecting daggers. They reached the main group of people and went back-to-back.

"You mess with the bull you get the horns," Elizabeth mumbled.

Courtney smiled wickedly as she and Elizabeth mowed through them. As the last few people fell, Jake and Mark dropped from the trees. Jake with a smug look on his face and Mark with a hesitant step forward.

"Well look who it is... The blue newbies. You ready to be beaten?" Jake said confidently.

"I don't think so..." Courtney replied.

Jake drew a short sword, and Mark took out his pair of emeici, a Chinese type of dagger.

"Of course he brought those stupid emeici. Courtney first take out Mark while evading blows from Jake then once I get Mark down, quickly turn and surprise Jake. Let's do this," Elizabeth whispered to Courtney.

They pounced towards Mark, running straight passed Jake, which just made him angry, and started trying to pin Mark. Elizabeth quickly pinned him and hit him in the head with the butt of her gunong, as Courtney quickly spun around and hit Jake on the head with her staff, causing him to pass out on impact.

"Who's better now?!?!?!" Courtney exclaimed to the empty clearing.

They laughed and grabbed the flag from its stand. Courtney jumping up on to Elizabeth's shoulders and waving the flag in the air. Percy walked into the clearing and laughed when he saw the two girls.

"You guys did this all by yourselves?" Percy asked, "Good job... You remind me of, well, me." Percy laughed softly, "Did you run into Annabeth? I didn't see her in the group guarding the flag."

"Yeah, we ran into her. And we dominated!!!" Courtney yelled happily. Courtney jumped off of Elizabeth's shoulders and high-fived her.

Elizabeth's expression changed into a confused look, "Wait... How would you have seen all the people that attacked us? You haven't checked everyone's faces yet... We're you watching us?!?"

"I was observing your fighting style and determining how much training you two needed..." Percy shrugged, "How did you learn all that?!"

"That's a long story-" Elizabeth started.

Suddenly a huge crowd of cheering demigods came into the clearing, picked up Courtney and Elizabeth, and started to carry them away.

"We'll tell you later!!" Courtney shouted over the noise of the crowd.

Percy nodded and thought, "I need to find out what's with these girls."

Later that day...

"Come on let's go get something to eat!" Courtney yelled back to Elizabeth who was walking slightly slower than Courtney.

"Fine. Wait, we need to get Mark and Percy though," Elizabeth replied, quickening her pace.

"We can find them after we get some grub! Let's go!" Courtney turned around quickly and ran straight into Percy, "Well speak of the devil! There's Percy! Now let's go get some food!"

Courtney grabbed Elizabeth's and Percy's arm and dragged them to the table in the mess hall.

"Courtney. Is this always going to be something you do..." Percy inquired.

"Yup," Courtney answered as she sat them down at the table, "Liz what do you want to eat?"

"I'll have some spaghetti. Something to celebrate our victory!" Elizabeth stated.

"Ditto. Two plates of spaghetti, please!" Courtney exclaimed. Their plates filled with smoke. The smoke changed into the silhouette of a pile of spaghetti. It slowly dissipated and a steaming hot pile of spaghetti was left in its place.

"Come on! Let's dig in!" Courtney laughed. They tore into their plates of spaghetti.

"Why do they eat so fast? They look as if their eating this meal like it will be taken away from them at any second," Percy thought. Just then, Annabeth plunked down beside Percy. "Hey, Annabeth! Oh... You're upset..." Percy observed.

"Not as much upset as confused," Annabeth whispered leaning closer to where Percy was sitting, "How did they beat me? A trained warrior! They haven't even gone to one normal training session... They've been here two months and they refuse to go to training."

Courtney looked across the table and saw them whispering. She was instantly curious. "Whatcha whispering about?" She asked bending over the table to listen.

"Nothi-" Percy started.

"How did you beat me????" Annabeth suddenly blurted, "Just... How? There's no way you've ever fought in a battle before but you-you two fought with the prowess of a seasoned warrior!"

Courtney's expression took on a stony quality at Annabeth's tone, "You'd be surprised what we're capable of when we really try..." Her joking manner returned instantly after she had said that, "Come on Elizabeth. Let's go get Mark and make sure we didn't knock him a little too hard on the noggin."

Elizabeth followed, with a forced smile on her face, "Yeah. Sure. Let's make sure I didn't hit him too hard in that soft skull of his."

They walk away from the table talking and laughing a little too much. Percy and Annabeth's faces had changed from curious to confused at Courtney's words and the way the girls had quickly departed before they could ask any questions, "What was that?..." Percy asked to no one in particular.

"We need to find out more about our newest demigods..." Annabeth mumbled watching the girls' trek across the dining room and out the door.