16 - Are you asking us to rebel?

The angels ran into the meeting room, sprinting behind Lucifer as the vicious, alarming grim mist swirled and tumbled through the white halls. Fear settled in all the angels hearts as it roared closer shaking the unstable grounds. Lucifer smirked, he saw the familiar swirling black mass raging towards him with it's dangerous claws reaching for them greedily. He braced himself knowing it was going to knock them all over, at the least... The angels watched with terror-struck eyes, terrified didn't quite justify what the Angels were experiencing right now.

When the violent swarm of blackness was inches within Lucifer, a roar of heat erupted behind him. The heat licked Lucifer's vessel so he dove to the side uncertain about the mighty power. As he looked at the source of the power through squinted eyes his smile grew when he registered who it was. Eden stood there her eyes and veins glowing a bright white and suspended from her hands was a mass of white fire. The fire flared from her fingers and formed a shield of destructive force around the black tornado. The white continued battling the black until the dark mist disintegrated into nothing. The floor stopped shaking and the raging noise ceased to exist.

Eden tried her best to hide her triumphant smirk but failed miserably, behind her stood the awed and shocked angels who stood silently with their mouths ajar.

Lucifer was first to break the much needed silence, "I don't think Amara appreciated the smiting." He chuckled trying to ease the discomposure.

"No, I don't think so." Eden agreed exchanging a soft smile with Lucifer.

Lucifer stood up and turned around to the angels whose attention wasn't fixed on the fallen Archangel but rather the child of God, whose absence had rotted an unfillable hole in heaven since the war with God's sister.

Eden turned around slightly nervous, "Hello my friends."

"Eden?" One angel gasped.

"You died." Another one said quietly in disbelief.

"What happened to you?"

"Did God bring you back?"

"Were you trapped with Amara?"

Eden was bombarded with questions from all the distraught Angels, "Please, please!" Eden called trying to calm the angels without shouting, anxiety apparent in her sweet voice.

However it didn't quite work as they continued firing questions. "Did you rebel?"

"Did Amara kill you?"

"Were you cast out?"

"Did you fall because of Lucifer?"

"Were you hiding?"

"Did you lose your grace?"

"BE QUIET!" Lucifer interrupted with his voice booming and cutting off all the angels making them back down. He stood next to Eden and wrapped a protective arm around her waist, this gesture of compassion puzzled some of the angels but they didn't dare to question it.

"Thank you Luce." Eden said, she turned to the now silent angels. "Please, I know you must ask have tons of questions but there will be time for answers after we deal with the darkness. Right now we need to focus." She pleaded.

"But... None of this makes sense! Are you just expecting us to work with you and him?" A white female asked sneering at Lucifer which caused him to glare at her.

"Yes I am, and his name is Lucifer." Eden responded calmly. "Look, long story cut short, I was trapped since the war but I'm back now, and unfortunately so is Amara."

"So we need your help to find a weapon that was once touched by God." Lucifer continued.

"Why do you need a weapon from God when you have equivalent powers to him?" A black male asked politely to Eden.