15

Alan's POV

It's the last day of Warped. Damn, that flew by. Plus I have absolutely no clue of where we are. Somewhere in Texas maybe? Dallas? I dunno know. I'm walking around the venue, dying of the heat and looking for basically anyone. The whole band disappeared the second the bus parked this morning. Beats me.

Gates open in like ten minutes. Where the hell is everyone?

"Hey." A pair of hands covered my eyes. I turned around quickly, my eyes meeting Austin's. Well not really, more like the bottom of his chin. Damn he makes me feel short. I am short who am I kidding.

"Where have you been?"

"Just around, y'know."

"Yeah, sure..." He's onto something.

"Oh, by the way we're on last tonight." He said before skipping away. That boy will be the death of me.

"Austin!" I yelled, stopping him dead in his tracks, "Yeah?"

"Where the hell are you going now?"

"I'll see you later!"

Okay, my boyfriend abandoned me. What to do now. Wow I'm a loser.

~

It was maybe twenty minutes before our set... and once again my band was missing. I'd seen all of them combined for maybe fifteen minutes tops throughout the day. Great way to spend the last show of Warped Tour.

"ALAN ANTHONY ASHBY! GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE!" Tino's voice called in the distance. Where the fuck was he?

"Follow the sound of our voices!"

God dammit guys. Why am I doing this?

They yelled at me a few more times before I found them, they were hiding behind someone's bus.

"Guys, stop playing around. We have a show to play." I said, rolling my eyes at them.

"C'mon Ashby, lighten up. We've got time." Phil smirked at me.

"What did you guys want?" I said, sighing.

"So, how was your day?" Aaron asked out of the blue, completely ignoring me.

"Fine, what do you want?"

"You're not going to ask us how ours went? Rude." Tino chimed in.

"Cry about it, can we just get ready to pay please? I'd like to go home afterwards."

"You're silly, what about the party?" Phil asked.

"I'm not exactly in a party mood right now."

"What? Alan Ashby, the party animal doesn't feeling like partying." Aaron said

"Are you feeling alright?" Phil asked.

"I'm fine. Have you guys seen Austin around?"

"Yeah."

"Yeah? That's it?" I tried getting more of an answer.

"Yeah."

"He's around." Tino added. What the hell is going on?

All three of their phones buzzed simultaneously, the conversation ending.

"Let's go get ready to play." Phil said. What?

"Okay...?" I'm a little skeptical, who texted them? What the fuck is going on? They're up to something, it's pretty obvious.

We got to the stage after "racing" from the bus, Tino winning. Austin was standing with arms crossed, foot tapping. He looked kind of mad to be honest.

I doubled over, huffing and puffing. Man, I'm out of shape.

"Where have you guys been? I've been looking all over for you! Seriously! We have a show to play! Let's go!" He yelled at us, like really yelled. It's not even my fault...

We got ready, with only a few minutes until our set. We stood backstage, pumping each other up and doing our normal routine. Except I stayed as far away from Austin as possible. Don't talk to me all day and then yell at me, two can play at this game.

~

Once we got on stage, everything was fine. Though it doesn't mean that I'm not still annoyed with him. I'm pretty sure I said this before, but whatever; all of our petty problems in the band fade away the second we step onto this stage. All five of us live to be on a stage.

"As you all know, this our last show of this tour, and I wanted to do something special. This summer has been one of the greatest summers of my life. And you're all part of the reason why." The crown went while, "But there's one reason why, well one person. His name is Alan Ashby." the crowd lost it again.

"He's my best friend, and always has been. We've together through everything. And I mean everything. But he's always stuck with me, especially when I needed him the most." He paused, smiling at me, "I could never even begin to repay for everything you've done for me. But this summer, you showed me a different side of you. Which made my feelings towards you even stronger. I wouldn't trade you for anything else in the world. So, this is for you."

Aaron, Phil and Tino came across the stage, holding a cake. With a picture of a ginger cat with a tiara on it. Of course. A giant smile appeared on my face, so this is what he's been doing all day? Aw. They showed the crowd, who in response screamed louder than before.

The next thing I knew, it was being thrown on my face. Of course. I looked right at Austin, licking my lips. He basically melted on the spot. The cake was really yummy though. I grabbed Austin by the front of his shirt, crashing his lips to mine. The crowd went absolutely insane.

"I really don't deserve you sometimes." I half laughed.

"And I say the same about you." Austin smiled, kissing me again.

"I have an announcement." Austin said to the crowd, but facing me. They all went silent.

"I... I love you, Alan."