3

Austin's POV

Alan 's been clinging to me the past couple of days. Since the guys were surrounding him the other day, he hasn't left my side. I've been curious to know what they were saying to them. He looks so uncomfortable around the rest of the band.

"You hungry?" I asked Alan, who was curled up in a blanket beside me. He nodded quickly.

"I'll be right back." I smiled at him, getting up from the couch in the back lounge and making my way through the bunks to the front.

"I smell popcorn." The scent filled my nostrils the second I stepped foot on the front.

"Movie marathon. You wanna join?" Phil asked, holding up a bowl of popcorn.

"I would, but I don't know if Alan wants to." I said.

"Oh, well you know where to find us." Tino said. I nodded. I was now craving popcorn, so I threw a bag in the microwave. I turned and faced the guys as I waited for the microwave to go off.

"Can I ask you a question? All of you?"

"What's up, Austin?" Aaron asked.

"What were you talking about with Alan the other day?" The three of them exchanged glances.

"Phil. Tell me." I singled him out.

"We were asking him about the other day. When I walked in on you guys, uh, kissing." He answered.

"Kissing? Are you crazy? We were joking around, nothing happened." I laughed. "You guys honestly thought I'd kiss Alan? That's ridiculous." I assured them. More like assured myself.

"Well from what I saw it looked like something else. So we asked him. That's all." Phil shrugged.

"It's cleared up now." I said as the microwave went off. I grabbed a few drinks and a few other things before going back to Alan.

"I'm back. I made popcorn." I shut the door behind me.

"Yummy." He gave me a small smile as I handed him the bowl. I sat down next to him, grabbing a handful myself.

"Can we talk?" I asked. He sat up, facing me. I guess the tone of my voce was serious enough to get his attention.

"Can I just ask why you've been so close to me the past couple of days?" I tried to find the best way to word that without sounded rude.

"Why can't I be? You're my best friend." He shrugged. I'm not taking that for an answer.

"Alan, I know that's not all. Was it something the guys said?" I tried again.

"Austin, I gave you answer. Drop it." He raised his voice, getting defensive.

"Okay." I frowned. This conversation wasn't over.

We watched some random crappy movie. I was only half paying attention. I kept looking down at Alan, something about him was off.

"I told them that it was a misunderstanding. We were just messing around." I said halfway through the movie.

"Huh?" Alan looked confused.

"The other day, when Phil walked in. I said we were just messing around." I repeated.

"Oh."

"Is that what your so upset about? Are you embarrassed to be around them?" I asked, trying to get something out of the ginger.

"I don't wanna talk about it." He grumbled.

"But I do, Alan! I do! Is it always about you?" I said, getting frustrated with his passiveness.

"Always about me? Really? It's the Austin fucking Carlile show!" He snapped at me.

"Alan..." I regretted my previous comment immediately.

"No, at least I know how you truly feel." Alan stood, grabbing his blanket and storming out of the room.

Fuck, what am I supposed to do now? I stood up, pacing back and forth. I'm a jerk.

Alan's POV

I went to the bunks, throwing the blanket down on my bunks. It's not worth it. I layed down, shutting the curtain. My eyes flickered to the pictures above my head. Most specifically to the one of Austin and I. I rolled over on my stomach, shoving my face into my pillow. Fucking Austin. He could just let it go? So what if I've been a little clingly. It happens. Phil and Tino are practically glued to each other's sides, but it's weird if I do it to him.

I closed my eyes, Tino, Aaron and Phil crowded arounnd me appearing in my mind.

"There's nothing wrong with being gay you know." The sentence replaying over and over again in my brain. Why would they even bring that up?

My phone vibrated beneath me, I have no clue where the hell it is. I sat up, finding it eventually. The light blinded me. I was sitting in the darkness of my bunk. One new message.

From Tony Perry:

Alan! What's up?

To Tony Perry:

Nm, sitting around doing nothing. U?

He answered back almost instantly.

From Tony Perry:

Same, if you're not busy wanna hang? We're not doing anything for awhile.

To Tony Perry:

Sure, I'll meet you at your bus in five.

From Tony Perry:

Sounds good, see you then.

In that amount of time I rolled out of my bunk, threw clean clothes on and made myself look semi presentable. I took a deep breath and slowly opened the door leading to the front lounge, booking it to the front of the bus.

"Alan, where are you going?" Shit. I turned sheepishly, the guys staring at me.

"Just out. Be back later." I answered quickly, retreating from the bus before further questions could be asked.

I kept speedwalking until I got jusat out of view of our bus. I think I'm safe. Austin should still be in the back lounge and everyone else is on the bus watching movies.

"Alan! What's up!" None other than Vic Fuentes called as I got closer to the Pierce The Veil bus.

"Hey!" I called back, giving him a half hug when I came in contact.

"What brings you here?" He asked, trying to sound western. I laughed, the first time in what seemed like forever. I'd only ever left the bus to play shows.

"I'm actually looking Tony. Know where he is?"

"On the bus. We're having some of the bands over tonight after the show. You guys in?"

"Um... not sure about the others. But I'll definetly be there." I said before heading onto their bus.

"Ew, who let the ginger on the bus?" Jaime and Mike joked the second I stepped foot into their lounge.

"Ha ha, very funny." I sat down on the couch across from them. "Where's Tony?"

"Right here. Sup Alan?" he emerged from their bunks. I shrugged "Not much."

"We've got media to do." Jaime and Mike started getting up.

"You're coming tonight, right?" Jaime asked in the doorway.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world." I smirked.