13

Alan's POV

"Hey lovebirds! Get down! Bus call's in an hour!" Someone screamed up to us. Both Austin and I were taken by surprise. I glanced down, seeing Aaron, Phil and Tino standing at the base of the tree.

"How'd you find us?" Austin asked, seeming just as confused as I was.

"We have our ways." Phil shouted, "Now get down!"

"Aust?"

"Yeah?"

"I can't get down."

"What do you mean?"

"Austin, I can't get down."

"Why not?"

"I, um I'm scdferd."

"You're what?"

"I-I'm scared..." I admitted. Austin chuckled.

"I'm right behind you. You'll be okay." He assured me. I nodded, taking in a deep breath before slowly starting my descent down the tree. At one point I paused, looking down.

"I can't do it."

"Alan, relax. You're almost on the ground. You can do it." I glanced up, my eyes meeting Austin's.

"I-I can do this."

Before I knew it, My feet hit the ground. Austin came down right behind me, clapping. Soon everyone else joined in.

"Hey, you didn't fall out of the tree!" Tino joked, earning a glare off of me.

"So, remind me never to climb a tree with you again." Austin chuckled, slinging his arm around my shoulders.

"Ah, the happy couple." Aaron smiled widely. Wait, what? Austin dropped his arm from me, putting them by his sides.

"Excuse me?" He asked.

"We know what happened after the set. Everyone could see." Tino said. I looked at my foot, tapping it on the grass.

"Austlan Cashby. Huh, never really thought about it being real." Phil said. I hadn't looked up yet.

"Could everyone really see?" Austin asked suddenly.

"Fuck yeah. You were basically on the stage."

"Oh. So you guys don't ha-"

"Austin. We're not gonna judge you. We're your best friends." Tino half-laughed. This conversation was just extremely awkward. We stood in silence for the next few moments, none of us knew what to say.

"We should head back to the bus." Aaron broke the silence. Various answers were muttered before we all started back. I felt so incredibly uncomfortably awkward I felt I was going to pass out. Breathe, Alan, breathe. You're fine. Relax.

Austin must've noticed something was wrong, because he grabbed my wrist and pulled me away from the group.

"What's up?" He asked, getting no response. At this point I was almost hyperventilating. I'm literally about to have a panic attack about absolutely nothing.

"Breathe. You're going to be alright. I'm right here. Just take deep breaths." He said, interlocking his fingers in mine. I focused on his soothing words, beginning to calm down. After I collected myself, we continued onto the bus, practically collapsing onto one of the couches in the front lounge. It's been a long day for us, for all of us.

I leaned against Austin, him wrapping his arm around my shoulders and pulling me closer.

"Everything okay now?" He whispered to me. I nodded.