10

Austin's POV

We loaded back on the bus and went out fro dinner. I sat in between Alan and Aaron, Alan being at the end of the table. Throughout dinner Alan would grab my hand under the table, or out his hand on my thigh or some little affectionate gesture. Each touch left me wanting more.

I figured I'd rather not bring this up. It's just set him off and cause an argument. So I'm not gonna question. Just enjoy.

We had bus call that night at around eight or nine. We still had some driving left to do. We were all pretty wiped out from the day activities so after hanging out and talking for a while in the front lounge, we dispersed off to our own bunks.

I was half asleep when my phone vibrated beside me. Who the hell would be texting me? It was only like eleven though, so you never know.

From: Alan :P

I'm alone...

To: Alan :P

And...?

From: Alan :P

Come cuddle with me. Plz!!!

To: Alan :P

How can I say no to you? Be there in a sec.

"Hey you." Alan said as I climbed into his bunk.

"You wanted me?" I asked. He nodded.

He patted to space next to him, picking up his blanket so i could crawl in.

"Today was fun." He said, curling into me. I instinctively wrapped my arms around his waist.

"Yep."

"You okay, Aust?" Aust? Since when did he start calling me, Aust?

"I have to ask you something?" I stated, it coming out more like a question.

"Okay. Shoot." There was a pause after him while I tried to string my thoughts together.

"Why are you... What's with... All the affection?"

"What? I can't be affectionate to my best friend?" He questioned.

"Best friends don't hold hands under the table or sleep together."

"Well, who says they can't?"

"Alan, I'm not saying that I'm not, urg. I don't know how to word it." I sighed.

"Then don't. Just go with it." He turned to me, our faces merely centimeters apart. I eyed his lips, biting my own. He can't do this to me. I'm going to explode.

"We both need sleep." I said, swallowing the lump in my throat.

"Then let's sleep." He turned back over, snuggling into me.

I glanced down at his sleeping figure, pulling him closer into me instinctively. Maybe I can finally sleep tonight.

Alan's POV

I opened my eyes, seeing Austin's chest. I focused on the line down the middle of his chest. His battle scar. I reached my hand out, hovering my finger over it. Should I?

While contemplating with myself, a hand grabbed the back of mine, Austin's hand. He pressed my finger to the scar, running it up and down the line ever so gently.

"Y-you're so brave." I whispered, barely audible.

"It helped that I had someone by my side the whole time." He said, entwining our fingers.