14

Austin's POV

"Aust?" I stopped my humming, smiling over at a sleepy Alan.

"Morning." I said, stealing a look at him. His ginger hair stuck up in all directions, and his shorts were hanging low and showing the band of his boxers.

"Bacon? Is that for me?" He asked, snaking his arms around my waist as I cooked.

"Nope, it's for Tino." I smirked.

"Really!" Tino perked up.

"Absolutely not, of course it's for you." I kissed the top of Alan's head.

"Good, 'cause I'm hungry." As if on que, his stomach growled.

"Here." I grabbed a plate of leftover pancakes from last night from the microwave. Alan just smiled at me before taking the plate and practically scarfing down the pancakes.

After we ate, we decided to walk around the venue. I was really in the mood to watch some bands today. I can only stay cooped up on the bus for so long.

"So, what's the plan?" Alan asked beside me as we started walking. I just shrugged.

"Austin! Alan!" We heard voices yell behind us. Alex and Jack came bouncing over to us.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Just wanted to say congrats." Alex smiled.

"Thanks!"

"Yeah, but I owe Alex twenty bucks now." Jack grumbled, making all of us laugh.

"We'll see you around today! We might head over for some of your set!" Alex said before the two bounced off just as cheerily as they came.

"Huh." Alan said.

"What?" I asked.

"I didn't realize anyone knew."

"Alan, there's a video of us trending. Of course people saw it." I chuckled, still not over that. Someone filmed us maing out. Ha.

"Oh yeah, I have like two hours of press today before our set." I said. Alan shrugged.

"Maybe we can grab some food before bus call?" I asked, causing him to nod.

"Well then, it's a date."

~

Alan's POV

I had about an hour kill, Austin currently being in an interview. To be honest, I missed him although he's only been gone for like twenty minutes.

I decided to check Twitter, with lack of anything else to do. I wasn't in the mood to talk to people really.

Almost all my mentions were about the video, or me and Austin in general. I was really tempted to tell everyone the truth, but something was holding me back.

As I continued scrolling, a certain tweet caught my eye.

'EW, you guys are gay now? Ick, I'm sure not a fan anymore.'

Usually, comments and things said online against me I just shrugged them off, but this one hurt. A few more tweets down someon else wrote

'I can't like a band full of fags, goodbye gay boys'

And there were tons more like those. Each and every single word burning into my brain. I put down my phone, the tweets running through my mind again and again.

What's so bad if I was with Austin now? It was none of their business. It's our lives. Assholes.

~

Austin's POV

"Okay, thank you so much." I smiled, shaking the interviewer's hand before leaving the room. I'm finally done. I don't mind press and all, but I hear the same questions over and over again. After awhile, they get pretty boring.

I texted Alan, wondering what he'd been up to since I was gone on my way back to the bus. I would assume he's on the bus, he said he would be earlier. I had about a five minute walk across the venue, and a few fans stopped me along the way for a picture or two. Alan hadn't answered my text still as I opened the door to the bus, to see the front lounge completely empty. Huh.

"Alan?" I called out, getting no response. I made my way to the bunks, calling his name again. Still nothing. Well then. I checked the back lounge, seeing nobody. The bus was empty. Where did everyone go?

I got off the bus, shutting the door behind me. As soon as the door shut, I heard a giggle. What the hell? The giggle continued. I followed the sound to the other side of the bus, finding Alan sitting on the pavement, laughing hysterically.

"Alan? What in the world are you doing?" I asked, sitting down next to him. He shrugged, laughing again. He put his head in my lap, pulling the back of my head down to meet his lips with mine.

''You're high, aren't you?" I asked the second he pulled away. He just giggled again. I could taste it on his lips.

"Why?"

"Because, you're not my mom."

"Yeah but I care about you just as much." I said, toying with his hair.

"Why?" he asked after a moment of silence.

"You're cute, and funny. And, and well.... you're my ginger princess." I answered, making him laugh.

"Oh."

"Why'd you ask?"

"Because." he said bluntly. He's hiding something.

"What's up?"

"Did you know that people are mean?" He asked out of nowhere.

"Uh.... yeah?"

"I was on Twitter earlier and the things people are saying are mean." Alan sounded like a child.

"Well what are they saying?" I asked, slightly concerned.

"I'm with you. That's my own decision. People don't have to be so mean. I don't judge them, do I?" He asked innocently. Okay, I'm caught up now.

"Alan, those people don't deserve to have ever liked you. A fan shouldn't change their thoughts on the band because of us. They're cowards, you're better than all of them." I said, wiping a tear that fell from his eye before kissing his forehead. To be honest, he's adorable right now. Fragile, its kind if a turn on. I didn't say that.

"Thank you, Aust." Alan sent me a small smile. I'll have to talk to him about this again later.

"Just ignore everyone and believe in yourself, okay?" I said. Alan fell silent.

"Austin?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm hungry."

"Of course you are."

--------------

IM SO SORRY EVERYONE! OMG IM THE WORST. I have such writers block when it comes to this story. UGH.