Chapter 38: Argument

“This is just great!” Elena exclaimed sarcasm dripping from every word, “First Jenna dies then Stefan gets kidnapped; both by the hands of Klaus.”

    I was sitting on the couch leaning against Damon’s chest, I felt bad for Elena she had lost so much. So had I but at least I still had Damon. Damon, Elena, Bonnie, Ric, Caroline, Jeremy, and I were sitting in the living discussing Stefan, “Elena will get him back no matter what; even if it costs my life.”

    “WHAT?!” Damon yelled looking at me like I was crazy, “He wouldn’t risk his life for you so don’t risk your life for him.”

      Elena let out a long sigh, “Damon’s right Cat don’t.”

     I looked at her as if she was crazy, “I don’t care. Klaus is my problem.”

     “No he is Elijah and Rebekah’s brother so it is their problem.” Elena told me.

     “Klaus took Stefan because he loves me and wants to get back at me for turning on him and choosing Damon AND his brother over him.” I hissed, “It is our problem Elena. If it wasn’t because of you being a doppelganger Klaus wouldn’t be here.”

    “He would have come after you eventually.” Elena scoffed, standing up.

    “And your just Mrs. Perfect now aren’t you?” I growled getting up from the couch and taking a step toward Elena. The room went deathly silent.

     “No I’m not!” Elena shrieked.

      “Well you won’t admit you had a part in Klaus coming!” I yelled back now taking a step even closer to her.

      “Well it’s not my fault I’m the stupid doppelganger!” Elena shouted.

      “You’re right about that but face it you are the doppelganger Elena! You are a part of the reason Klaus came to Mystic Falls.” I growled.

      “But you’re the reason Stefan is gone!” Elena screamed tears now running down her face. Now that comment hurt.

      “I’d just told you I’d risk my life to save him but you know what never mind you can risk your all so precious life to save him! And by the way if Klaus figures out your alive, you are dead Elena!” I snarled at her, “And also I’m not going to help you look for him because I have a wedding to plan.”

     “You’re calling me selfish?” Elena said through gritted teeth, “You’re going to plan a wedding will you fiancé’s brother is missing! Now that is selfish.”

    I reached out and slapped Elena, this time Ric got up and got in the middle of us, “Now girls calm down, we’ll find Stefan.”

      “I still don’t understand why Stefan chooses you. Oh wait he loves me too but I turned him down for his brother, guess he doesn’t love you as much as you think.” I snarled pushing on Ric’s hold but Caroline was behind me with Damon holding me back from ripping Elena’s head off. Jeremy was sitting on the couch stunned still.

   “You bitch!” Elena hissed pushing on Ric’s hand also, “Stefan never loved you! He was just getting back at Damon!”

     “So all those lust filled gazes were imagined?” I growled still struggling with Damon and Caroline’s grip.

    “Yes!” Elena yelled.

    “Well you’re an idiot too then!” I snarled.

    “THAT IS ENOUGH!” Ric yelled at us glaring, “You both need to calm down!”

     “Fine.” I hissed pulling out of Damon’s and Caroline’s grip and walking toward the front door.

     “Where are you going?” Damon asked.

      “To go find my soon to be brother. You coming?” I asked Damon who looked stunned but nodded and grabbed his car keys and followed me out.

     “Where are we headed?” Damon asked once we got in the car.

      “The police station first to ask your good friend Officer Forbes if she knows of any recent animal attacks in the surrounding area.” I answered.

Mystic Falls Police Station

   “Don’t worry Office Forbes Catrina here knows about vampires her family was from Mystic Falls originally.” Damon told her smiling his wonderful, “She is also my fiancé.”

    I blushed at that, “Yeah officer I do know a thing or two about vampires.”

   “Okay and please call me Elizabeth.” Elizabeth said looking at us warily. It wouldn’t be long before she figured Caroline, her own daughter, was a vampire herself. I sighed.

   “So we were wondering if there were any animal attacks in the surrounding area?” I asked.

     “Not anywhere close but I did see this.” Elizabeth said handing us a piece of a newspaper cutout, it read:

   KILLINGS HAPPENING IN CHICAGO, IS THERE ANOTHER RIPPER?

    “Oh God.” I mumbled handing it back to Damon.

    “Well were going to check out, things are getting boring in Mystic Falls anyhow.” Damon said. He was clearly lying.

   “Be careful. The ripper is notorious.” Elizabeth said and I held back a laugh.

     “Okay we’ll be careful.”  Damon said also on the verge of laughing.

    ------------

Happy thanksgiving everyone! I would like to say I’m thankful for all my watchers and friends on wattpad! Thanks everyone!