Chapter 54 - Office Work!!

🍁🍁"You!!
           You're Are My Good Days"!!🍁🍁

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 54 - Office Work!!

After a brief discussion with my assistant Miss. Taylor, I just asked her to bring all the details of the company's employees. She nodded and left after passing a smile to me and Kristein. I diverted my attention back to Kristein. He was sitting in front of me and was giving me an amused smile.

"What?", I asked.

"Nothing. I love watching this side of yours", he said.

"Thanks", I replied.

"But you're too polite for your own good. You're the boss. Behave like one", He added and I rolled my eyes.

I'm not a monster like you, I thought.

"Don't worry. I'll handle my issues all by myself, Mr. Oberoio", I said.

"Well, I trust you, Mrs. Oberoi", he said and my heart sank down. I don't want his surname behind my name.

"Can I request one thing?", I asked.

"Anything", he said. I picked up the name plate and placed it in front of Kristein.

"Until and unless we're married, I want my name, Miss. Shanaya Halis Thompson written on this. Even after marriage, I feel it's my right if I want to change my surname or not. This marriage is not my decision but please just let me take a decision for my name", I said in the most polite way.

"Fine. If you're begging so much, I'll do it. Don't touch my feet now", he said and I just passed him a sad smile. I get it, his ego is hurt. But that's his problem, not mine.

"Really?", I asked.

"Yeah, I'll get a new nameplate for you. It's the first time you're asking something from me after we've been engaged", he said.

"Thank you", I replied with my best smile. He smiled back.

"Your welcome", he said.

With a glance at his wristwatch, he said, "I better be going now. I'll pick you up at five in the evening".

"Ok", I replied and he left after showing me his dimples.