Chapter 4 - Night Life!!

"Don't Just Exist. LIVE!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 4 : Night Life!!

Shanaya's P.O.V.

I was standing outside my house and waiting for my cab. I checked my office bag in the meantime. Spare keys check, liner check, compact powder check, lipgloss check, peppermint spray check and my purse and mobile. I was all packed.

It was ten at night and I usually leave for office at this time. My working timings are from eleven at night to two a.m. I enjoy my workplace a lot. I don't need to hide myself there. I can be the real me, the way I want to be. The small four-walled cubicle in itself a different world for me.

I observed myself for the last time. I had worn a black top and a blue skirt. I've added a white coat on top to complete my look. I prefer wedges instead of flats at my workplace. I've to look a bit mature and not any school kid.

Other than me, there are four other college students who work in the night shift. There are two boys and three girls in total. My cab reached and I hoped it. I'm grabbed a seat next to the window. My stop is the first and on way to the office, the cab driver picked up the rest of my colleagues. I don't have much interaction with them either. A few of them tried to be close to me, but you can't force your friendship on someone else if they're not interested. I politely declined their offer and they never tried again.

We reached the office soon. I walked out of the cab and moved right to my cubicle like daily and started taking calls immediately after placing my bag on the table. I just love talking to people and solving their problems. It gives me a sense of happiness whenever​ I'm able to help others.

Keeping the headphones over my head, I started taking calls. I talk to my customers, help them and try to solve their problems. I share a different kind of bond with the people on other side of phone call customers.

They don't judge me, they don't pity me and treat me like a normal girl who will help them. We both are strangers but when they're happy with my work, I feel that I'm worth something.

They provide me a sense of self-confidence in myself. I feel independent, accomplished and contented. This few hours of office job separate me from the harsh reality of living life like a loner and a sucker.

We all want that we get that job which we enjoy and by God's grace, I did get one. I'm lucky in this aspect at least.

Moving on!!

I work at Oberoi's Electronic company. My workplace is Stella Halis, yes you heard it right. People don't know my real name because my mom allowed me to take this job only if I'll use a fake name instead of mine. So, I went for her name only. I'm okay with that too. This is a new company which started a few months back and I'm lucky that I got a job here. They pay me good and that's what really matters.

Like any other company, we're given the target time to time. The one who finished the target first get a brownie point and a five to ten per cent rise in salary. I don't like wasting my time and getting perks of being an introvert from past two months, I'm completing my target first than the rest.

After one long hour of non-stop working​, Stacy Parish, one of my colleagues came to my cubicle and asked me to join her for a cup of coffee. I agreed. It's our daily routine. Stacy is the only girl with whom I talk because no other person at the office is interested in talking to her because she's arrogant. So, she passes her time with me because as if she's a better option than me.