Daryl Dixon - Terrible Things

•it was requested that I used 'Mayday Parades' song 'Terrible Things' for this one shot. It's for Daryl, but I believe it may have worked better with Rick or something, it just seems too OOC for Daryl, but I gave it a go.

•Original prompt: Use the words from mayday parades terrible things song as a convo between Daryl and his son.

(I've had to change some words up and take some out for it to make sense.)

•The video is above! It makes me cry, so grab a tissue 😀
______________________________

Daryl smiled sadly as he stared back at his eighteen year old son. Many said he looked just like he did at that age, dirty blonde hair with his battered and torn clothes, dirt covered hands and a scowl on his face, but Daryl could also see so much of her in him, his bright green eyes especially.

"You know, by the time I was your age, I would have given anything to fall in love. Sounds soppy coming from me, but seeing all my friends get girlfriends..I was jealous that's for sure."

His son snorted.

"That's when I met your mother, the girl of my dreams. The most beautiful woman, that I'd ever seen." Daryl smiled fondly at his memories. His beautiful wife, her long red locks, her bright green eyes. She was quite something. Every boy in the school had eyed her up, but she only ever had eyes for him.

"How did you meet?" He asked.

Daryl smiled. "Took some time, but she came up to me and she said, "Boy can I tell you a wonderful thing? I can't help but notice, you're staring at me." She was right, I was staring, I always was, but so was every other boy in school...she said "I know I shouldn't say this, but I really believe, I can tell by your eyes that you're in love with me"." He shook his head chuckling.

"And were you?" His son asked.

"Of course, more than anything, didn't realise it for sure until she said something though...apparently she wasn't the only one that noticed either."

"So you started dating?" He asked.

Daryl nodded. "Now, most of the time we'd have too much to drink, we'd laugh at the stars and we'd share everything, we were too young to notice, and too dumb to care. Love was a story that couldn't compare."

His son smiled. "Soppy old man." He chuckled. Daryl smirked.

"Then one night I said, "Girl, can I tell you a wonderful thing?" I gave her a small little gift box and said. "Open with care, I'm asking you, please. You know that I love you, will you marry me?" I can remember it like yesterday."

His son smiled brightly. "She said yes?"

"Of course she did." Daryl chuckled holding his hand up where his wedding band was. "We got married after we found out she was having you."

"But then..." He began sadly.

Daryl nodded. "She said, "Boy can I tell you a terrible thing? It seems that I'm sick and I've only got weeks." She had known, she was dealing with it herself and I couldn't do a damn thing about it. She said "Please, don't be sad now, I really believe.."" Daryl took in a shaky breath. ""You were the greatest thing that ever happened to me.""

"What happened? When she told you i mean?"

"It was all so slow, I can remember that I fell to the ground.... It broke my heart." He whispered. "So don't fall in love, there's just too much to lose If you're given the choice, then I beg you to choose to walk away, don't let her get you. I can't bear to see the same happen to you." Daryl said, staring his son directly in the eyes.

"But.." He began, but Daryl shook his head.

"Now, son, I'm only telling you this
Because life can do terrible things."

______________________________

Not sure I liked it....but I tried to do as requested.

I'm so behind on these, I apologise!

Vote and comment.