Norman Reedus - The Note

He was the only one that noticed; he was the only one that seemed to care. Everyone abandoned her at her time of need. She left them notes; he remained unread, but he carries them everywhere he goes.

• No Smut.

______________________________

"Does anyone else think Hayley looks really sick today?" Norman asked.

"It's hot; she's just not used to the heat. She'll be fine." Andrew replied.

-

"She looks skinner..." Norman commented.

"Well, she's in a show about the zombie apocalypse. She's probably doing it on purpose for the role..." Lauren pointed out.

-

"There was an article saying she has been in and out of hospital these last few days..." Norman commented.

"Can't believe everything you read, you should know that..." Melissa pointed out.

-

"Are you okay?" Norman asked Hayley.

"You know, you're the only person that's asked me that..." She chuckled, but she didn't reply.

She walked away.

-

"I'm worried about her..." Norman said.

"If she were having any problems, she would speak to me. Now back on set." Greg ordered.

-

"She fainted last night. I was there." Norman stated.

"Heat?" Emily asked.

He shrugged. "Don't know. She said she was fine, though."

-

"She's leaving the show; they're filming her death scene soon..." Norman said.

"That's a shame," Lauren said. "Surprised she never told me, though."

"She's been slipping up a lot lately. They were ready to fire her." Sarah commented.

"I heard that too," Andrew said.

-

"She's dead.."

"What?" They all exclaimed.

"Hayley, she's dead. She was dealing with it all herself. She was dying, and she knew it."

"Why didn't she tell us?" Melissa asked.

"Because no one cared. I kept telling you all something was up, yet no one listened. You all had an excuse for her behaviour. Even she began to make them up..."

-

"I'll do it," Norman said through gritted teeth as he snatched the box from Greg and entered Hayley's trailer.

Everything was the same as the day she left from filming.

Clothes thrown over the bed, a half-drunk cup of coffee and a few soda cans. Pictures stuck to the walls of her and the cast, smiling and laughing.

He boxed all her belongings up, planning to send them to her mother. Although he secretly kept a few items back for himself to keep.

As he finished the last items, he found a book; several envelopes were made out to the cast.

The book was complete with the different doctor's appointments she had been going to.

Alone...

-

Norman looked down at the last envelope in his hand. It was for him. His name was printed neatly on the front.

He looked up to see the rest of the cast gasping as they read what Hayley had written for them.

He shook his head; he had no desire to know what she had written to them.

-

The envelope haunted him for weeks, but he never opened it. He couldn't.

Instead, he folded it up and put it inside his wallet, and that's where it stayed.

______________________________

Leave it up to you to decide what was in the note.
Vote and comment.