Daryl Dixon - Smartass

•Daryl becomes jealous when a good-looking and well-educated man joins the group from Woodbury. Although he and Hanna(OC) are not together, he has finally admitted to himself that he likes her, but will he lose her to someone more on her level?

•(Re-written request from Outoftea )

•No smut.

______________________________

Daryl could only watch with a scowl on his face as Hanna chatted away with one of the new people who had joined the prison group from Woodbury.

What's his name? Tim? Tom? Dick...asshole...last ones sound better.

"What are you staring at?" Carol asked from behind him, making him jump slightly.

"Nothing." He grumbled, still not taking his eyes off the pair.

Stupid pretty boy, with his nice combed hair. Who the hell has time for that these days? Stupid green eyes! That she keeps gazing into!

"Oh, that's Tim, right?" Carol asked.

Tim...what a stupid name.

"Don't know." He mumbled.

"Yeah, I heard about him. He's really smart. Has one of those degrees like Hanna."

"A PpD? PeP? What are they called?" He asked.

She chuckled. "A PHD Daryl. Do you ever listen to the girl?" She asked.

"Course."

"You sure? You tend to stare her down whenever she talks to you."

That's because she's damn nice to look at.

"Are you jealous?" Carol asked as she watched Daryl's hands ball up into fists as Hanna laughed joyfully with Tim.

"Just fine." He huffed as he stormed away.

______________________________

Hanna hadn't noticed Daryl's change in attitude since Tim's arrival. She didn't know he had purposely been avoiding her; she assumed he was busy.

She had been spending a lot of time with Tim. It was nice to talk to someone who knew what she spoke about and could respond appropriately.

"You know the Rednecks glaring at us, right?" Tim asked Hanna as they sat in the courtyard.

Hanna turned to look in Tim's direction and saw Daryl standing leaning against the wall smoking. He didn't take his eyes off her as he stomped out his cigarette and made his way over to them.

"You alright, Daryl?" Hanna asked, concerned as he continued to glare at Tim.

"Just fine. What are you doing?" He asked.

"Exchanging crazy college stories." Hanna chuckled. Tim smirked.

"Did you go to college, Daryl?" Tim asked.