Daryl Dixon - Marrying The Wrong Girl

•Daryl's wedding day doesn't go to plan when he realises he's stood before the wrong woman. Will he cancel the wedding to be with the woman he really does love?

•No Smut.

______________________________

Daryl stood before the smiling blonde. Mel looked so happy and excited to finally marry him while he was having doubts.

As he looked at the small crowd gathering to share their happiness, his eyes locked with hers.

Lottie Davis had been his best friend since high school; she was the only one who knew of his past, and even his future wife didn't. She had been there through the most challenging times in his life, protected him from school bullies and comforted him as he cried. She was the only person he ever felt comfortable showing his real emotion around.

For a long time, all she had ever been was his best friend; they laughed, joked, and argued, but one night, it all changed.

After a few drinks, her honest self came out to play, and Lottie revealed her big secrets. She had revealed how she had always had a crush on him but lately had been feeling more for him; her crush had grown. She had even admitted to being jealous of Melanie.

It was weeks later when she finally spoke to him again; it was awkward and uncomfortable for them both, especially when he got the urge to kiss her and shut her up. It should have been a mistake; he should have regretted it; he should have felt guilty, but he didn't. Instead, he had scooped her up in his arms and carried her to her room, exploring her body while his fiancé was at home arranging their wedding.

The lead-up to the wedding had been challenging; Lottie had become distant, she refused to be Melanie's maid of honour, and point blank refused to talk to Daryl. Suspicions were raised, but she had made everyone believe she was having personal issues with herself, but Daryl knew the truth.

It was only the night before that he was able to get her alone finally. He tried to talk to her wanted to tell her how he felt, but words had never come easy to him, so he thought he could show her, but sleeping with her again only made the matter even more confusing and difficult for them.

She was trying to stop the feelings she had for him; she was trying to be happy for her best friend, but at that moment, as everyone waited for him to say "I do", he could see in her eyes that she was devastated.

As she waited for him to say those two words, her eyes flooded with tears. Anyone would think she was joyful of the occasion, but she wasn't. She was crying because of what she was losing. She knew nothing would ever be the same again.

"Daryl..." Melanie hissed.

It was then he realised he had been silent too long. He wanted to run and take Lottie with him, but he didn't.

"I do.." He blurted out.

He instantly regretted it, but there was no going back now. Melanie squealed in excitement and kissed him passionately before anything else was said.

Daryl watched out of the corner of his eye as Lottie discreetly left the room.

He didn't see Lottie for weeks; he was trying his hardest to be a good husband, to keep Melanie happy, but what good was it when he wasn't happy himself?

It was an evening when Merle came over to check on the "happily" married couple,

"Hey. Hey, baby brother.."

"What, Merle?" He sighed.

"Did you hear about Lottie?" He asked.

"No, what about her? I haven't seen her since the wedding." Daryl said.

Merle smirked. "Only gone and left town, hasn't she? Apparently, she left chinaman a note for him and the farmer chick."

"What did it say? Why didn't she tell me she was leaving!" Daryl asked.

Merle just shrugged. "Said something about never returning; that's all I heard. So much for her being your best friend, eh?" He asked. "See, women always screw your over. Best to stay single." He smirked. "She'll do the same." He said, nodding over to Melanie, who was lost in a text conversation with someone.

Merle had been right; Melanie did screw him over. Three months after they married, he found her in bed with another man.

And Lottie? As much as he tried to search for her, he never did find her. Instead, he found a newspaper article about a woman dying in a collision.

But someone found him eighteen years later.

A beautiful eighteen-year-old girl, the spitting image of her mother, his daughter.

•••

Vote and comment.