Rick - Night Time Comfort

Rick and Alison (OC) are both married to other people and although they love each other, they know they can't be together.

No smut.

______________________________

Has he gone to work yet? - Rick

Not yet - Alison.

Okay, text me when it's safe to come over. I miss you & I love you... - Rick

I miss & love you too - Alison.

"Who are you texting?" Shane asked as he picked up his work bag.

"Just Andrea. You know what she's like." Alison replied sheepishly.

Shane scoffed. "Yeah, I do. Is she whining about her latest hair disaster?" He asked.

"Something like that." She chuckled.

He nodded. "Well, I will see you when I return from work. I may have to stay late in the morning, too."

She sighed. "Alright."

He kissed her passionately on the lips. "I'll make it up to you when I get back." He smirked.

She watched him leave, waiting ten minutes and then taking out her phone again.

He's gone. You can come over now. - Alison.

Fifteen minutes later, she and Rick were laying in bed, simply holding each other and talking about everyday things.

They were not cheats; they had never touched each other intimately or anything like that. They had fallen in love with each other even though they were both married to other people.

Some may say it's still cheating, and sometimes they felt like they were, but most of the time, it never really felt wrong.

They hated sneaking around, but they knew neither Lori nor Shane would understand that they needed each other. It was nothing physical; they just needed the other's presence.

The problem with Lori and Shane was that they didn't understand Alison and Rick. They weren't compatible with each other.

Lori didn't care about Rick's trivial troubles or problems at work or with his family. They rarely had a conversation that didn't end in them arguing. Mostly, they were together for their son.

For Shane, Alison was a trophy, arm candy, you could say. He didn't marry her out of love; he married her looks, and he enjoyed the jealousy on other men's faces when they saw them together. He didn't care for Alison's feelings; he cared about the sex and getting what he wanted in the relationship.

Of course, they could leave their partners, but neither wanted Carl, Rick's son, to suffer. He was so young and wouldn't understand it, and the vindictive ways of Lori could easily lead to Rick never seeing his son again.

"I can't believe how big you've got in just a few days." Rick chuckled as he ran his hand over Alison's stomach.

And now she was pregnant with Shane's child.

Both wished things were different, but they were too loyal to change things to give themselves a chance of happiness.

For now, they were content, though. They would spend evenings with each other, laying in bed, talking about the stupidest things.

That's just the way it had to be.

______________________________

Vote and comment.

I still got a super long list of prompts that I'm working on so I'm going to post my own Oneshots until I have some completed.