40. Paris

I did it. I came out to the world. On live television. I hadn't planned it beforehand, hadn't really talked to Mitch about it. He got a lot more patient with me, told me to only come out if I was feeling it.

Granted most of our fans suspected something, but we neither confirmed nor denied a possible relationship. So tonight probably has been a huge night for them, not only with us winning two awards but also with me confirming Mitch's and my relationship.

So yeah, we are all over social media. "I'm so proud of you, Daddy, look" Mitch says as we're lying in bed that night, just tangled up in each other's arms and just enjoying being with each other. He shows me the screen of his phone. Someone had uploaded a clip of us accepting the second award of the night and me giving the little speech. The camera even caught the kiss we shared afterwards.

"You don't know how happy I am" I say softly. "I've waited for so long, I made you wait for so long, but now that it happened, I... it's just such a good feeling, knowing that we don't have to hide anymore."

"It's okay, you know. I told you I'd wait as long as you needed to be ready. And now that you came out, I'm more than ready to head over to the city of love with you tomorrow. It was such a good idea to join Kirstie and Jeremy and fly over there a few days earlier" Mitch says while he snuggles up against my chest even closer.

It really was a good idea. Contrary to the rest of the team, Kirstie and Jeremy announced that they would be travelling to Europe two days earlier to have some time to themselves in the city of love, in the city they got engaged almost a year ago. I wanted to seize the opportunity to visit Paris with Mitchie and want to take him on a fancy date or two. Besides we both happen to really love France, so it's just perfect.

Plus the things this city has to offer, romantically...

"Babe, are you still with me?"

I almost jump when I hear his voice and nod frantically. "Yeah, of course, must've drifted off" I say quickly, trying to not tell him where my thoughts were going.

"I could see that, Daddy. Mind telling me where you were?" Mitch wants to know. "You looked happy."

"Mmhm, I am happy, because I was thinking about Paris" I start. "I can't wait to take you out, walk along the Seine with you, take sappy, touristy pictures with the Eiffel tower or the Arc de Triomphe in the background."

"Mmhm, and we'll be drinking wine in one of those lovely little bars and have breakfast in a small café" Mitch continues and he has this adorable smile on his face. He really seems to be looking forward to Paris as well.

I would be too, if I was him. For different reasons.

"Avi, you're drifting off again! What is it with you?"

"Uh, sorry. I was just thinking about how happy I am to be with you, finally out and open. We should take a selfie. The fans will love it" I say. "Will you shoot it? Just us lying here?"

"Aww yeah, that is such a good idea, Daddy" Mitch agrees and gets out his smartphone.

I am a little bit proud of myself for distracting him once more from my slightly absentminded self. It's just that I have a lot on my mind and am not able to talk about it with Mitch, because it's all about him. At least not yet.

"Smile for the children, Daddy" Mitch quips and he takes a few pictures of us lying in bed snuggled up.

"Look and choose one, dear" Mitch says and shows me the shots.

I am always amazed at the way he manages to take such photos. My favourite shows him lying on my chest. He's looking at the camera while I'm looking away somewhat dreamily. One of my arms is draped around his body and resting on his bare chest.