32. Shopping Date

Avi's P.O.V.

I wake up from Mitch getting out of my arms, but it's way too early and I don't want to get up just yet. So I keep my eyes closed and turn away with a soft sigh. Unfortunately I don't manage to fall asleep again, I'm just drifting in and out of consciousness, daydreaming for a while until I really need to go to the bathroom
So I get up and quickly get dressed, because I'm planning to stay up.

"Good morning, Avi" I hear Kevin call from the front lounge as I make my way over to the toilet.

"Mornin' Kev" I call back. "I'll be with you in a minute."

"Gotcha!"

I quickly finish my business and then sit down next to our beatboxer.

"Where's the rest?" he asks. "I heard Mitch get up but I don't know about the others."

"They're out for coffee, I guess" I reply. "Mitch told me he wanted to go out with Kirstie. Scott probably joined them."

"Great" Kevin returns, quickly looking at his phone and typing. "Sorry, that's important. Will just take a moment, though." He smiles apologetically before looking at his phone again.

"It's okay, Kev." I wait patiently until he puts his phone away.

"So... How about we take a walk? We still need to drive an hour and I could use some fresh air" he says.

"Sure, why not" I agree and get up to leave the bus together with him. Kevin leads me away from the bus and down the street. He glances back to the bus quickly, grinning somehow satifsfied. I do so too, but I don't see a thing.

"What's wrong?" I ask him.

"Wha- nothing" he says. "Anyway, it's great to have some time to ourselves, isn't it? It's been a while since we've talked."

I'm aware that he's changing the topic really quick, but I decide not to ask him about it. "Yeah, I've been all over Mitch and when I wasn't with him I was with Scott sorting out all the new feelings and stuff. Sorry, Man."

"Avi, don't worry about it. I understand you to the fullest. You fell in love, discovered something about you that was completely new, you needed that time" he explains. "As long as it's worth it in the end."

I smile at him. "It is worth it, I know it, Kev" I confirm.

Kevin throws an arm around me and pats my shoulder. "It's good to see you like that, being newly in love suits you!"

"Thank you" I practically beam at him.

"You're welcome. I would've never thought that you and Mitch would be a match but you look perfect together" Kevin goes on.

"Thank you once again. I would've never thought that we would end up like that, not even when we agreed to try this out. But it happened and I'm glad that I had the courage to explore myself" I explain. "But enough of me and my relationship. What about you? Anything new?"

Kevin nods. "Not really. I've been doing a little bit of composing and arranging for Triptq, but there's not much new to it. Alyssa will be joining us next week for the last few concerts. She's sorry, though that she can't be with us tomorrow for your birthday" he explains.

I shrug my shoulders. "Well, she has to work. And after all I'll be doing a BBQ once we're home from tour to celebrate with everyone."

"Yeah, that's what I told her, too" Kevin says with a smile on his face. He loves that girl so much, the huge smile on his face whenever he talks to her is enough to prove that.

We walk on along the street, stop for some healthier snacks at a store before we head back to the bus for the last leg of our drive to Atlanta.

~