33. Happy Birthday, Daddy

Mitch's POV

"Surprise!!!!" Everyone on the tour with us screamed as we entered the room. They collectively came out of their basic hiding spots to greet Avi, who was a bit overwhelmed.

"Wow! Thank you guys so much, seriously." Avi exclaims in shock.

"Were you surprised? Mitch came up with the idea of doing it today to actually catch you off guard." Scott asks my boyfriend.

"Yeah! Great idea, babe. Now if you'll excuse me, I was counting on using the bathroom when we got back." Avi replied bashfully.

He heads to the back hall where the bathroom is located and I decide to check to make sure everything was set up correctly. I scan the room to see a perfectly sized punch bowl with a cute dragon plushy beside it, a laptop with an amazing playlist of dance songs, imogen heap, and iron and wine for Avi to enjoy, and a fully stocked wine rack beside a likely fully stocked fridge. Everything is in place for a fun night, hopefully we don't get any noise complaints!

"I think I managed to get everything that you wanted" Scott says, walking up to me with wine in his hand.

"WE managed to get everything" Kirstie corrects him, joining us.

"Thank you guys! He's going to have a great time, I just know it." I half shout because the music is loud.

The original version of 'aha' comes on and the three of us share a very excited glance before rushing into the middle of the makeshift dance floor. Everyone is having a good time at this point, so I decide to grab a drink for myself to join them. Wanting to definitely get drunk, I grab some vodka and make a strong mixed drink before heading back out to join Scott and Kirstie.

I turn the corner excited, only to have my spirits crushed when I bump into Kevin and drop my drink.

"Fuck! Can you grab me some paper towels from the table in the kitchen?" I request.

"Sure thing Mitchie, anything else while I'm there?" Kevin replies.

"More vodka" I simply state.

Kevin returns with paper towels, a drink for both of us, and a smile on his face. He seems to have already had a few because that grin is goofy.

"Here you go" he politely hands me a folded piece of paper towel and joins me in cleaning up my drink.

"Thanks curvy" I quipped, winking with the use of the nickname.

"You're very welcome!" Kevin says as he stands up and gently rubs my back.

"You're touchy when you're drunk, aren't you?" I sass.

"Just a little. Can I have a hug?"

"Sure" I reply, giving him a cheery embrace. We break apart the hug and go our separate ways into the crowded room. That was weird of him, he doesn't usually show physical affection much. It was cute, I wonder if him and Avi ever have those moments. Speaking of Avi, I doubt he's still in the bathroom, and I need to go.

I make my way over to the bathroom to see the light on under the door. It couldn't be Avi, could it? Suddenly, I start to feel faint. I knock on the door of the bathroom, only to hear the disgusting sound of someone vomiting and a toilet flushing.

"Excuse me, who's in there? Are you okay?" I ask, concerned.

"It's me, babe. You can come in." Avi replies.

"I thought I heard barfing in here" I state, opening the door and walking in.

"You did, I think the restaurant gave me food poisoning, are you feeling okay?" Avi asked, concerned.