20. Climbing

Avi's P.O.V.

"...I'm happy for you."

I look at Kevin. "Really?"

"Of course, Avi. Why shouldn't I be happy? You found yourself a good man. So did Mitch. And that's a wonderful thing" Kevin says. "Do the others know?"

"Kirstie and Scott know, yes. But they're the only ones. And we want to keep it that way for now, at least until Avi is more secure with the change happening right now" Mitch says.

Kevin smiles and gives me a bro-hug. "I'm proud of you for this. And if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm there for you. I probably don't understand your feelings the way Mitch or Scott do, but I can at least try."

I smile at him. "Thank you, Kevin. You don't know how much this means to me."

"You're welcome. Anyway, I was heading out for a walk. Have a nice evening. See you tomorrow." Kevin flashes us another smile and walks out of the hotel.

"That went... smooth" I remark as we're on our way to the elevator.

"Well that's what I was expecting, Avi. Stop thinking that people will react differently just because you might be into boys" Mitch demands. "You're still the same person. And if people don't accept you for who you are, they are idiots. Just like the guy in the restaurant."

"Well it definitely sounds easier than it actually is" I say and shrug my shoulders.

We reach the elevator and get in together with some other guests. I automatically press the number of his floor.

Mitch notices this and grins slightly, but he doesn't say a thing. We walk up to his room in silence.

"So... I guess this is good night..." I say as we finally reach the right door.

Mitch looks at me. "It doesn't have to be, Avi. You can come in if you want and we can see if we're able to climb some more steps together" he almost whispers.

My breath hitches in the back of my throat. I know exactly what he's proposing and I actually don't know how to react. "Errm... I..." I stutter while I hope that my beard is able to hide that blush that is probably spreading out on my cheeks.

The expression on Mitch's face is unreadable. Something between amused, concerned and understanding. "Well, we don't have to, if your legs are tired and you just want to lie down. There's so much time left, don't worry."

"Yes. Tired legs" I say, feeling glad that he presented me with an easy way out. "Actually, I am tired, not just my legs. I really should head to bed."

Mitch smiles at me now. "Alright, Daddy. Thank you for the date. I had a really good time."

"Thank you for accepting my invitation, Mitch. I too, had a great time with you. Sleep tight" I return and lean down slightly to kiss him good night.

"You too, Avi. Good night."

We let go of each other and he turns to open the door. I wait until he's inside of the room and wave slightly as he closes the door. Then I walk away and down to my own room.

Once I'm there, I make a quick job of getting ready for bed. I'm not that tired but it's late and tomorrow is going to be a long day.

But as soon as I cuddle up into the blanket and turn off the light I start thinking about the past hours. About the giddy feeling I had when I was standing in front of his door, waiting for him to let me in, about the way we held hands for most of the time we've spent together, about the cute fan we met, about the food, of course, and mostly about our talk. There really wasn't much to it. We just talked about life in general, our past and just everything that came into our minds. And we didn't even stop once. I've honestly never met someone that I loved talking to that much.