2. Surprise Visit

Avi's P.O.V.

The shriek ringing of our landline phone. Such a nice start into the day. I had the house to myself, Kevin stayed over at Alyssa's the last night and I didn't expect him back before late afternoon. Enough time to let myself go. I had binge watched the Lord of the Rings triology the night before and therefore slept in. On the sofa. While everyone else was out with their loves.

Kevin and Alyssa, Scott and Alex, Esther and Darien. Shall I continue?

Yet, I am not envious. I really like being single at the moment. Of course, I want to have a wife and maybe children later on in my life. Yet, I'm not searching actively right now. It's not easy being in a band, always on tour. It makes finding a partner so much harder. So I'm focusing on music and myself for now. And I have to say, I'm quite happy at the moment.

But for now, telephone. I take it after the first ring, looking at the screen first. It's Mitch.

"Hello?" My usually deep voice is even deeper since I only woke up like two minutes ago.

I hear Mitch's bubbly voice through the speaker. He apparently wants to meet up with Kevin and me to prepare things for the tour.

I tell him that I'm alone and to be honest, there is nothing the two of us could actually prepare alone. So why bother. Then I think again. Why not spend some time with him. We rarely do something alone and he has time and I have time, why not catch up? I invite him to my home, already getting up. I have to at least tidy up the remnants of the night before and get a shower, I smell horrible. And I need to take care of my morning wood. Embarrassing, I know. But it happens every now and then, especially when you're single. And I don't do one-night stands.

"I would love to! See you in 10 minutes!"

He's kidding me, right? Ten minutes? How do I manage all this in ten minutes.

"I was going to ask you to come in twenty because I'm not ready-" But Mitch already disconnected the call.

Seriously, Mitch? How can he be so lively at 10 am?

Anyway, I have to do something. A shower and tidying up in ten minutes? Not even if I make it a cold shower. But I have to at least try and get anything done. I get up and take the empty take out containers into the  kitchen and then make my way up to the bathroom.

I jump into the shower planning on making it a cold one but my mind drifts off again and so does my hand.

By the time I get out of the shower and sling a towel around my hips, I've got three missed calls and Mitch has stuck his finger to the doorbell. Without bothering to even get properly dressed, I run down the stairs again and to the porch, opening the door.

"Sorry, I wanted to tell you that I need more than ten minutes, but-"

"Good Morning to you, too, Daddy" Mitch greets me, a wicked smirk on his lips as he eyes my almost naked form. "Sorry for interrupting your morning hygiene."

I shake my head. "Never mind. Come on in, want a cup of coffee?"

Mitch nods. "Always. Had some earlier but it wasn't a good coffee."

"O-kay" I don't know what he means by that but I just go with it and lead him into the kitchen.

"Avi? Why don't you get dressed and let me prepare the coffee? I know how to operate such a machine."

I smile at him sheepishly. "Yeah, why not..." I mumble and then run up the stairs making a quick job of putting on a pair of black jeans and a comfortable flannel. I brush my long hair swiftly, deciding to just let it dry, not bothering with tying it up.