25. Lazy & Crazy

Mitch's POV

Now that we've completed our shows in Chicago, we have a full day of travelling ahead of us. For the sanity of our driver, we keep arranging to a minimum, and take the time to rest our voices for the day. Thanks to the fact that everyone on our bus knows about Avi and I, we can have some quality time together.

"You were really great last night" I mention to Avi as we're sitting on the couch in the back lounge, his arm around me.

"Thanks babe, I was inspired by you." He replies gently in a relaxed version of his morning voice.

"Awe, what was it about me that inspired you?" I ask, fishing for compliments playfully.

"I don't want to sound like a vague hipster, but I think it was your energy; you had this air around you that affected me similarly to a combination of caffeine and happy pills."

"You totally sounded like a vague hipster just now, but I understand what you mean. I get affected by peoples' energy sometimes too... you REALLY thought through that answer didn't you?" I questioned lightheartedly.

"Actually yeah, Esther asked me about it earlier this morning and I wanted to at least be able to explain it to myself. I was out to breakfast with her, that's why you didn't see me when you woke up this morning." He explained, knowing that I would ask.

"Ah, I see. Since we have today off but we can't go anywhere, want to play a little question game?" I propose.

"Care to explain the rules?" Avi replies, already on board. Sometimes I feel like we have a psychic connection, because very often we will answer each other's questions before they're asked.

"Nothing complicated, I just feel like we've known each other all this time, but we've never stopped to ask the simple questions. What's your favourite colour, babe?"

"Green. It reminds me of solemn forests, and that relaxes me. My turn to ask a question? Is that how this works?"

"Yes, exactly." I assure him.

"Have you always liked me?" Woah Avi, that's a little deep to follow 'what's your favourite colour?'.

"I'm going to assume you meant in a sexual way, and the answer is yes, but I must explain. The first time I met you, I was intimidated by you. You were more experienced than me, you were more confident than me, and your masculine appearance and voice paired with your youthful charm captivated me. You were sexy because I thought I could never have you. Then, as you opened up your mind, I was more attracted to the sensitive Avi that sang with so much passion and warmth. You were absolutely adorable and I didn't care if you were a little chubby or if you had a goofy haircut. But now, now you're mature. You've taken control of your life, you know who you are, you lost weight to your liking, and you're genuinely the man of my dreams. Sorry for rambling, but yeah, I have always, and will always, 'like you'."

"Wow, I appreciate that. Thank you Mitch."

"My turn again then, that was a good question. What part of our relationship do you think back to and smile about when I'm not around?" My turn to drop loaded questions on him.

"That's a tough one. There's so many things about you that make me smile, but if I had to choose one moment that I'll always remember, it would probably have to be when you asked to cuddle for the first time. I really loved how you took the risk, despite it not being something you usually do at ALL. I know that moment was hard for you, and it ended up starting something I couldn't live without, so that will always make me smile. Thank you Mitchie." He grinned at me after saying this and I melted for the umpteenth time. "Oh yeah, now I have to ask a question. Since we covered the deep, sentimental stuff, what's your favourite physical trait that I have?" He winks at me and nudges my shoulder.

"Well you know what I'm thinking, but I'll give you the real answer. It's that big, soft, fluffy beard of yours. It's nostalgic in a way; it brings me back to when you had big chubby cheeks, but instead of squishing when I touch it, it gives me a pleasant little tickle, and I love it. And it makes you look hot, so yeah."

"Thank you" Avi giggles in response, probably blushing, but heck if I can see under his beard.

"Hmmm, what to ask? What is your biggest fear?"

"Being left alone. There are so many amazing people in my life, and I don't know how I would cope if I had to live without them."

"You're so sappy" I comment.

"You like sappy. My turn" he looks up at me and slowly pecks me on the cheek. "Do you prefer being really, really busy, or having absolutely nothing to do?"

"I like having an empty schedule because it forces me to either work out my problems, or make plans, which both benefit me in the end."

"Good answer, babe".

We go on for several hours like this, asking real questions, silly questions, sexual questions, and so on. After today, I feel totally comfortable with Avi. He's the first person ever to allow me to let my full guard down, and it feels great. I've had very intimate relationships with people that I trust less than him. I think I'm ready to stand at the top of the staircase, but my last real step is helping him join me there. To think that Avi came up with a simple metaphor and we've taken it this far... crazy right? So many things are crazy for me right now, but if I didn't go through a lot of craziness, I would never be where I am today. I couldn't be more thankful that my life is crazy; I wouldn't change a thing. Now to grab dinner at a random fast food place with my friends.

~~~~~~~~~

A/N: So, what do you all think about DreamingLetters latest part? I'm loving the way they're interacting and getting to know each other better through this question game!!!

I already posted these lines under my last part of Can't Sleep Love but or those who don't read this story, here we go:
Ben and I are a bit busy right now so updates may be a little bit slower. We both still try to make time for writing and we know that we got amazing readers who will wait for updates, but we wanted to let you know :)