7. I Have To Tell Him

Mitch's P.O.V.

The next day I wake up later than expected. As I clumsily scramble around the house getting my shit together, I think about my plans for the day. I told Avi that I was busy today because once again, I have a tinder date. At this point, I don't think much of it. Every time I find a cute guy, they end up having one key flaw that absolutely ruins my attraction to them. This one's name is Mark. He's really tall (his profile says 6'4"), he has shoulder length blond hair, and a slightly muscular build. Basically a down to earth version of Chris Hemsworth sans the accent. His profile has all the basic interests; dogs, camping, cooking, hikes, basically all the stuff you want to see. On paper, he's perfect. Let's see how this goes.

Our date is scheduled for 1, which is fine by me because momma needs her beauty sleep h*nty. Now that I'm sporting my exquisite vetements, I can actually leave the house. I know over a million people have seen me in my underwear, but I still take my looks very seriously.

He wanted to take me to the local aquarium that just opened up. I like the idea, aquariums just have this ambience to them that I love.

I pull up to the place after having a struggle with my GPS. You'd think that becoming famous would be able to buy you a functioning one, but no matter how rich you are, you're still going to be asked to make a U turn on a one way street.

Mark greets me at the door with a warm smile. He is so attractive, wow. Also seeming to be the strong and silent type, he motions me over to the entrance and holds it open for me.

"After you, my darling." Overly formal, but I'm not objecting.

"Thank you, sweetie" I reply, trying my absolute hardest to be cute. We walk up to the counter to buy our tickets and once again, the other person wants to throw me into the female gender role and pay for me. First of all, this is a same sex date, neither of us are females. Secondly, there's no reason that the girl can't pay too sometimes. "I got it" I say bravely, this is not my usual character. I'm finding that my recent time spent with Avi has brought out some confidence in me. Weird.

"Are you sure?" At least he's polite.

"Yup, don't worry about it!" I flash a charming smile. I might call him daddy, but mommy's got the sugar.

Mark simply nods and silently thanks me for my kind gesture. We begin strolling through the aquarium, and I feel him beginning to lessen the space between us. I'm okay with him being forward because of how pleasantly surprised I am with how this date is going so far.

"It really is beautiful, isn't it?" Mark opens the conversation.

"Yeah, just lovely. And so serene, I could just stare at them all day." I add as we walk into a huge room with only one tank. The fish are vibrant in colour, but somehow seem gloomy in their otherwise dark surroundings.

"Just like your eyes" Mark continues. "They're so pure, my eyes can't look away." Probably the cheesiest thing that can still pass as smooth. Nice.

I have a minor panic attack trying to figure out how to receive a compliment. "Thank you! Your eyes are beautiful too." How basic, Mitch. Good one.

Much preferring his actions, Mark saves us from the awkwardness by gently stroking my hand as we stare at the peaceful tank. I can't help but have flashbacks to when Avi took my hand in the coffee shop. Luckily it's dark in here, otherwise he'd be able to see my embarrassment and self-scolding for thinking of another guy on a date.

I finally decide to reciprocate instead of getting lost in thought, something that aquariums just do to me. I look up at him and smirk, casually turning his stroking into a full grasp. He beams down at me and we turn to each other, looking into the other's eyes.

"I still mean what I said" he remarked. "You have beautiful eyes".

"As do you." I play it cool, but really I just couldn't think of anything else to say. The more I look at him, the more I appreciate his features. His shoulder length hair was neatly tied into a bun, his hypnotic blue eyes pierced my thoughts into nothingness, his stubble threatened to tickle my cheeks as we inched closer. I think he's going to kiss me.

Before I know it, he starts to lean in. I prepare my lips and allow them to collide with his. The kiss started soft, but quickly turned into a sloppy make out session. I didn't object because it had been a while, and I kind of forgot what my standards for kissing were. The longer it went on, the more my thoughts drifted like a fallen branch in the Amazon river. I kept feeling an urge to pull away, but he seemed to be enjoying the kiss and I couldn't find an opportunity. Even if he wasn't good at it, he's sexy and we're kissing. You can't go wrong with that. My mind wanders to how different the past few days have been for me. To recap, I went on a shitty date, then had a great afternoon with Avi, then another one the following day, and now I'm on a rather interesting date. Despite the romantic setting, and the fact that our tongues are currently doing the tango, most of this date has been between me and my thoughts.

I finally break the kiss and bring up the fact that we're still in one of the first rooms. "Want to check out the rest of the aquarium? I want to get my money's worth!" I exclaim, escaping this mindless kiss trap.

"Of course, sorry for stopping you here." Mark replied, seeming embarrassed.

After that exchange we wandered through each of the rooms, occasionally commenting on the actions and appearances of the fish. When we reached the last room, Mark turned to me again and whispered "I had a good time, thanks for the experience".

"I had a good time too! Maybe we can do this again sometime, I don't feel like we really got to talk." I whispered back.

Mark seemed a little offended by this. "What do you mean? We had some beautiful moments." He laughed off his initial defensiveness.

"Yeah, but the only thing I know about you is that you like my eyes." I playfully sassed. For someone so profound, he didn't really have a lot to say.

"I like you. What else do you have to know?" He questioned, getting a little irritated.

 "Something that I can't learn from your tinder profile." The sass is slightly more sharp than I planned.

"I don't understand..."

"This was great, but I'm a very social person. I'm not satisfied with so much silence, in fact, I have anxiety, so it makes me uncomfortable. If we had talked more on the date, we could have figured this out sooner. You were wonderful and this was nice, but I can't honestly say that our personalities match. I'm sorry." I had to break it to him. I just don't think that we'd work as a couple.

"I'm sorry you feel that way. Thanks again, Mitch." And with that he walked away, defeated. I hate feeling like I had to 'defeat' him, but I also hate dragging things out. If it's not going to work, it's not.

However, I don't think it was entirely his fault. I felt very distracted and it didn't help with the conversation. I can't stop thinking about my platonic date tomorrow. It's not sexual, but I'm almost aroused by our friendship. Avi makes me feel something very unique. I can't quite place it, but I have to tell him. He's been haunting my thoughts too much to not at least let him know.

On the drive home I had to listen to some good old flyleaf to counter the droning silence of the aquarium. I haven't listened to them since high school, but I can still appreciate a bit of metal every once in a while. Any music is good if you're in the right mood.

I get home and retreat to tumblr for the umpteenth time. Scott and I decide to order dinner and just have an overall lazy night. All that silence really chilled me out, and Scott had a very productive day, so we're both tired. Between petting Wyatt and watching some SpongeBob re-runs, I retire to my room completely relaxed and ready to sleep. I may be physically tired, but I'm still excited to see Avi tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Dreamingletters really captivated me with this chapter. Another not too good date with a guy and another upcoming Mavi-meeting" What do you think is going to happen? What will they do?