The Time Turner Heist: Part 3

Neville POV
What the f-

He hadn't even imagined in his wildest dreams that Dumbledore would know... know what they were looking for... How had they missed that this was Dumbledore they were dealing with - dimensions didn't matter.

'So' said Dumbledore his eyes twinkling like always, a glimpse of a smile suggesting that he knew that he had picked the right card. He had succeeded...

'I agree.' said harry.
'Not so simple, harry. Nothing is. You have to vow... I think you may have heard of the unbreakable vow?'

The last three words ringed in Neville's ears. Disastrous memories came back.

The unbreakable vow...

'I agree.' said harry.
Neville decided that this was the right moment to interrupt.

'But-'
'No but's Neville. We have gotta do this. This could be our last chance...'

Harry didnt wait for a reply and walked forward.
'You could ask one of your friends to be the Bonder.'

Harry met eyes with neville.
Neville didn't want to look... he knew that it was hard enough to let harry go but... this...
He knew harry would have a plan- a plan to outwit others, but how could he escape the unbreakable vow...?

'Harry don't ' this time it was Ron, his face filled with worry.
'If you break it-'

'I will die' said harry calmly. 'But this makes it sure that Dumbledore here will give both of you the time turner.
After all to the well organised mind, death is nothing but the next great adventure.'

Dumbledore's eyes sparkled in recognition of his words being quoted in front of him.
Harry met eyes one last time with him and Ron.
Neville tried to indicate harry not to do it with eye contact. Ron simply shook his head...

But harry was determined. This was it. The time had come...

'Harry, please...' pleaded Neville one last time. Harry remained still.
'Then so be it' said Neville sadly, his face filled with regret at the crime he was going to commit...

Harry Pov
Neville drew out his wand. He stood between the two of them - Harry and Dumbledore, as they came closer.

Harry knew he had to do it... He knew what he was doing, the consequences choking his mind but...

He linked hands with Dumbledore. Neville, eyes filled with tears he placed the tip of his wand on their linked hands. Ron was watching the three of them as if in a trance.

'Homenum revelio' said Ron silently. Nothing happened. Dumbledore indeed was alone. Dumbledore smiled. Things were going his way... But not for soon...

'Will you, Harry, come with me and help me tell the necessary lies to prove that your death was a lie?'

'If and only if you give Neville and Ron the time turner.'

A thin tongue of flame issued from the wand and wound it's way around their hands like a red hot wire.

'And will you not betray me in whatever I ask you to do?'

'If and only if you don't betray my friends in letting use the time turner and let them reach safely wherever they have to go.' Harry framed his words craftily.

A second tongue of flame shot from the wand and interlinked with the first, making a fine, glowing chain.

'And last and foremost, will you not escape to your dimension with the help of this time turner?' Dumbledore smiled evilly.
He knew...

How he had failed to understand Dumbledore' s brain functioning he didn't know... He knew that there was no escape anymore... But a certain word ringed in harry's mind... a word which would make Dumbledore regret...

There was a moment of silence.
Then harry spoke,
'If and only if none of my friends are killed, injured or in any way harmed before they take leave with means of this time turner'.

Neville's horrified face glowed red in the blaze of a third tongue of flame, which shot from the wand, twisted with the others and bound itself thickly around their clasped hands, like a rope, like a fiery snake.