Concealing the truth

Ron POV
'Come with me, Ron.' Said Hermione.

What was Hermione up to? Just because Malfoy had stormed off why was she calling him of all people? Surely she didn't know about the letter... Or did she...

'No.'

'I said come with me' she said icily.

Ron knew these moods. He knew these moods very well, having spent years at Hogwarts with her. She was in no mood to joke and if Ron didn't do what she said the consequences would be terrible.

'Yeah, coming.'
'In the room' Hermione pointed.
Ron wanted to question she could very well say what she had to say in front of the others but he knew that Hermione was in one of her moods and it was not sensible. The others knew it as well as they didn't say or ask anything.

Ron followed Hermione to the room. Hermione pointed at him to sit at one of the chairs. Ron had no idea where all of this was going...

'So, I know all about it.'
'About what?'

'About the letter. The one you wrote to Draco.' She pulled out the letter from her pocket. The on he had given to Draco... Except it was torn this time.

'Where's the other half?'
'Huh I - I don't have it.'

Hermione glared at him. 'Then you can tell me what and why had you written this letter.'

'Hermione, we are short of time. There's no point in discussing these irrelevant-'

'Say another word and I will use the killing curse on you' Hermione hissed.

Ron gulped. Hermione was looking dangerous.
Wait... The letter was torn... Maybe she hadn't read the end and he could frame the end in his own words... There was no Malfoy to tell her the truth...

It was a start.

'Well, ok. I just wrote this letter to Malfoy to inform him some good news that I was temporary Head Auror. That's all.' Ron said with a calm face.

He knew he was about to lie to his best friend Hermione Granger. He regretted it. But if he told the truth then Hermione would surely kill him... Friend or not.

Hermione POV

'That's all? Tell me the truth. You came across Draco's file in the young criminal section or whatever. And I very well have a rough guess in what you mean by a treat... You- you have framed Draco... Am I right?'
Hermione spitted venom out of her eyes.

'No, Hermione.' Ron said without missing his calm. 'Of course not. I only did what little I said.'

Suddenly a pop sound was heard.
Someone had apparated into their room.
***

Draco Pov
He had to find out that letter and the only choice was to go back. He had to take the risk.
If someone would have read it, he wouldn't hesitate to tell the truth. The time for lies was over...

But if the person was Hermione...
His mind was revolving as he made his exit apparated back to the room which he had left just minutes ago.

He had to sort this out. Once and for all. And then they would have to carry out Hermione's plan to reach back to their dimensions.
At this stage it was either do or die.