ch. 12 almost caught

(Y/N) POV

I push Mark away, "Oh, stop it" I giggle. "I'm serious" Mark says, chuckling with me. He leans closer to me again, concentrating on my lips.

I look away, blushing a little, only to be brought back at Mark's eyes by his fingers under my chin. Mark brings his face closer and closer.

The moment goes like a hundred times slower. Mark tilts his head a little, so do I.

His lips are only one inch away from mine, but then, "(Y/N) are you in here?" Some one knocks on my door. Mark and I quickly pull back and sit up straight on my bed.

"yeah" I say. My bedroom door opens and I see Sam standing in the doorframe. He looks at Mark, then at me, and back to Mark. "What were you guys doing?" Sam asks with a grin on his face.

Mark chuckles. I blush, "Nothing" I spit at Sam. Mark looks at me and gives me a warm smile after nodding his head slightly.

He stands up and walks over to Sam while talking, "Sam, can you do something for me...?" Mark asks. Sam shoots me one last glare before walking out of my bedroom with Mark's hand on his shoulder.

"Ofcourse, bro" I hear Sam say before they shut the door. I lay on my back again, thinking about the moment that we just had.

'did that just happen?' I ask myself. 'stupid Sam, why couldn't he stay away a little longer' I say, getting in an annoyed mood, rethinking it again.

Then, my friend gets in my thoughts and I start to tear up again. Mark made me forget about her for a little while, but my thoughts travel back to her again, and her stupid cigarettes.

I feel guilty for throwing them away, 'I should've kept them in the drawer, my mom didn't even look for them, did she?'

The front door being opened snaps me out of my thoughts. "We're hoomme!!" I hear my mom yell from downstairs.

I wipe away my small tears, take my phone and I head downstairs. I decide to help my mom with whatever she's doing.

"where were you?" I ask. My mom chuckles, "Didn't you read my text?" She asks. I take my phone and see her message:

mommy :Hi baby, Johnny, your dad and I are getting groceries, we'll be back later xx

I put my phone back down, "I read it now" I give her a fake smile. "Did you just come out of bed?" My mom asks.

Before responding, I take a quick look in a small mirror that hangs in the kitchen, I see that my eyes are a little red from the tears and I look tired. "yes....I did" I say.

My mom gives me a hug, "Well, good evening my little sleeping beauty" she chuckles. Again, I gave her a fake smile.

I love the fact that my mom gives me random compliments, like she wants to build up my self esteem. It helped pretty good if she did want to, but sometimes it's awkward. Like when my friends are around or something.

I pick up some stuff for in the fridge out of the grocery bag, and place them where they need to be. After a while of cleaning up, Mark and Sam walk in the living room.

I watch them from out of the kitchen, crashing on the couch and picking out a movie. Suddenly, my mom pushes my back slightly, "Where are you looking at?" She asks, while chuckling.

Quickly I look away, knowing that Sam and Mark probably turn their heads to me, "nothing" I respond fast. I pick up some bags of dorritos (sorry I just really like dorritos XD) and walk to the small basement where we keep our food.

When I walk in the living room, I see Mark walking to the back door that leads to the garden. He looks at me, and moves his head quickly to the other side for a second, like he got a shock, wanting me to follow him.

I walk up to him and we walk to the garden together. "What's up?" I ask Mark after we take a seat on the wooden bench in our garden. "I asked Sam to get me a package of those cigarettes, and he'll buy them for me" Mark explains in a hushing tone.

My face immediately lights up, "Awesome!!! Thank you so much for doing this for me!" I say, wanting to hug him. Mark smiles at me while crossing his arms, "You have to pay me back though" He says sternly.

I roll my eyes, "Yeah, whatever" I say sarcastic. I see Mark scooping closer to me in the corner of my eye. I turn my head to look at him.

Mark lays one arm behind my back, smirking at me. I chuckle, "What are you doing?" I ask him . "What I wanted to do this morning" Mark answers with his voice lowered.

Our lips come closer and closer once again, but we shoot back when we hear the door being kicked open.
Sam runs over to us and crashes in-between Mark and me. I blush like crazy. "Let's not do that where mom and dad can see you two" Sam chuckles while laying his arms on my and Mark's shoulders.

He pulls us closer to him, "Mommy and daddy almost saw you guys" He whispers, "now, we don't want that, do we?" Sam asks.

Mark chuckles awkwardly while I blush and look at my feet. Sam rubs his hands on my shoulder, "Just do that somewhere else okay? Then you can even go further" He says.

I stand up, annoyed "Okay, Sam that's more then enough!" I say. I look at Mark for a split second before walking into the house again in a fast pace, still red like a firetruck.

I crash in the corner of the couch, get my phone and text my friend.

me: (F/N), r u there?

me: I'm so so sorry for what happened😓

me: A new package is on it's way😁

me: I promise!🙏🏼

I lay my phone down...she probably blocked me. I can't reach her anymore. I shake off the thought before tearing up and watch TV with Johnny, who is only on his laptop, gaming with his friends.

I take the remote from next to Johnny, "Hey! Give that back! I was watching that!" Johnny says, placing his laptop on the coffee table and jumping on top of me, "No way you were watching that!!" I giggle.

Mark and Sam come in, Sam just laughs silently at Johnny and me, fighting over the remote. Mark helps Johnny, by tickling me.

"Stop!!! That's not fair!!" I yell at Mark and Johnny, who were partially both on top of me. Mark lays on top of me, reaching for the remote which I keep above my head as far as I can.

I can barely breath and laugh as hard as I can, "Mark get off of me!" I yell, and with that, my dad storms in the room, "Mark , get off your sister this instant!!" he says.

Mark gets off of me while Mark and I chuckle. "Johnny, (Y/N) and Mark, I don't want you kids to yell like that! And don't touch each other! " my dad says strict, looking straight at Mark.

Dad looks at me, "It's okay dad, jeez. We were just making some fun" I say. My dad walks away again, mumbling somethings under his breath.

I look at Mark and Johnny, and together, we burst out in laughter. We chill and watch some TV for the rest of the day.

time skip

"diner is ready!" I hear my mom yell from the kitchen table. Me and my brothers walk to the table and we see homemade pizza as we settle down.

Johnny digs right in, not even bothering the hotness from the pizza. We all laugh and have a great talk while eating.