1

A/N: I have finished editing the parts that I wanted to change and made some adjustments to the original chapters. I'm going to be updating the story with the revised chapters. Hope you like it and I would love some feedback!

----------------------------------------------

"Goddess, are you okay?"

It was then that my mind started to work again as I tried to process what was going on. I opened my eyes but closed them instantly as the brightness was too much to handle all at once. I began slowly opening them again to adjust and gasped as I realized there was a man staring down at me.

Goddess?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stared at her long, midnight black locks that she had draped over one of her shoulders. My gaze traveled up to her eyes; they were a brilliant shade of emerald with a twinge of sadness to them. Her nose was average, as were her lips. She was just an average person after all. With a sigh, I stepped away from the mirror and turned around to leave the bathroom. Ever since my grandma had unexpectedly passed away last month, I have been mourning her joyous presence in my day to day life. My father and I had lived with my grandmother since I was eleven. After that many years, I had grown quite close to her. I walked down the empty hallway to gather my purse and jacket from my desk. I glanced at the silver clock on the wall and sighed, noticing the hands pointing to 7:10pm. Magazines took a long time to complete, so I always ended up staying late... somebody had to. As I shut the door behind me, I realized that I hadn't been to my grandma's grave in a while. There was a strange pull from within me to go and visit that night.

Man, I really need to get some more sleep, I thought to myself as I groggily dragged my feet through the cemetery. I approached the headstone and glanced at my grandmother's name, begging myself not to break down. I sat down on the soft grass and started talking to my grandmother. I had always felt a strange comfort talking to the dead. First my father, and now my grandmother.

"Hi Mimi, I miss you so much every day..." I started. After talking to her for a bit, there was a sudden change in the air that I could instantly feel as a chill ran down my spine and I closed my eyes. I slowly opened my them, and what I saw was unbelievable. A translucent mass of mist was swirling all around me, slightly lifting the tips of my hair. The haze seemed to have a bit of purple coloring to it. I closed my eyes again and I suddenly felt like I was falling. Snapping them back open, I now saw an array of different colored hazes swirling around me as I fell. And then everything went black.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I gasped as the man bent down closer to see my face.

"Are you okay?" He stared at me, wide-eyed.

"Umm.. I think s- wait. Where am I?". I stumbled on my words since he was so close to me and I could feel his breath across my face.

"Are you sure you're okay Goddess?" He insisted, ignoring my question.

"What are you talking about? I'm not a Goddess!". I was about to start panicking but he suddenly pulled me into a hug. It was as if he knew what I was feeling.

"Hey, it's okay. You're safe in Shendhea now, Goddess". My body was shaking with sobs by the end of his sentence.

"Where is Shendhea?" I asked when I had finally calmed down a bit.

"Well, Shendhea is all the land and sea there is," He answered me with a curious look. "Where did you come from, Luna?".

"I come from North America....". I wondered how he knew my name.

"What are you confused about, Goddess?" He asked quietly and snapped me out of my thoughts.

"How do you know my name?" I whispered to him, afraid of the possibilities.

"We were expecting you". The young man smiled and suddenly leapt to his feet and held out his hand for me, expectantly. I looked at him once more to make sure that this was a good idea, and I was stunned; he was beautiful. I must have been so busy trying to figure out what was going on that I hadn't truly looked at him. He was a few inches taller than me and his long blonde hair was gently blowing in the wind. My gaze found its way to his eyes; they were dazzling in the afternoon sunlight. I glanced at his lips and realized they were smirking. After taking a steadying breath, I clasped on to his hand with mine and noticed the cool temperature of his skin. How odd... I thought as he smiled at me.

As I held this strange man's hand, I looked around and finally saw where I was. All around me were rolling hills of bright green grass. It was a perfect day, as there were no clouds to be seen and the sun shone brightly in the blue sky above our heads. I noticed a sweet scent in the air; something I just couldn't place my finger on. It smelled like a cross between the scent of fresh air, lilac flowers, and something else that I hadn't recalled smelling before. I realized that he was staring at me when I turned around.

"What is your name?" I asked him.

"I am Maxwell, my Goddess". He bowed to me and took my left hand in his. His fingers were long and just as dainty as mine. I gave him a questioning look as he slowly pulled my hand higher. With his eyes boring into mine the entire time, he pressed his lips against my skin and gave my hand a kiss. As he lowered my hand back down to my side, he leaned in and whispered, "It's such a pleasure to finally meet you in the flesh". Maxwell tilted his head to the side and smiled at me once more before turning around, and my cheeks were slightly pink. "Come, they are expecting us".

"Who is expecting us?" I asked him as we strode along the grassy hills.

"Let me explain this to you," He stopped and turned towards me. "Our Goddess has disappeared, which according to the prophecy, it shouldn't happen for a few hundred years yet. If we don't have a Goddess's spirit holding us together, we all lose our powers." He looked into my eyes with such an intense sadness that I had to look away. "You see, we are all elementals. The Sylph's main ability is manipulating the air and wind; the Salamander's fire; the Gnome's is earth; and the Undine's is water.

I interrupted him by questioning which one he was. He smiled and looked away, his long blonde hair lifted with a sudden breeze. "I am a Sylph. I am able to travel through different worlds". And then as if reading my mind, he whispered, "You are a Goddess so you have the spirit abilities but are unable to tap into your power until the time has come for you. After your ceremony, you will be given the full use of your power". He looked at me and asked if I was understanding all of this.

"Uh, I think so.." I answered him. "So, what are my powers?".

He looked down, almost as if he were embarrassed, and mumbled "We don't know what your powers are yet." He glanced back up at me to explain. "Every Goddess is different. Even the elementals each differ from one another among the same race. Some Goddesses have been able to call upon the spirits for assistance and knowledge, some have been able to lift your spirits when you have suffered a traumatic event. It is different for everyone; but don't worry, you will be taught how to focus and control your abilities to bring out the best in you".

For a second, the thought that he was just showing off with the breeze crossed my mind. I pondered for a moment but saw him clench his jaw and didn't worry about it anymore.

Suddenly, he tilted his head upward to gaze at the sun. "Come, we must get back to the kingdom before nightfall". I followed his sweeping hand with my gaze and gasped. Far off in the distance was a giant city that reminded me of the ruins in Greece. The buildings were all white with green plants climbing their walls and roofs. In the middle of the city was the largest building, which looked like something from a fairy tale. The building was covered in greenery, you could barely see the actual structure. There were so many windows to let the natural light in; it was absolutely beautiful. I felt the wind pick up my silver locks and smiled.

I looked back at him and he held out his hand to me once more. This time, I didn't hesitate.