Show Your Smile

Sean let his hand settle over his mouth as he laughed at Mark's stupid joke. He pulled it away and continued to eat his pizza. Mark stopped smiling with him and leaned onto the table, staring at Sean.

"Why?" Mark asked. Sean gave him a questionable look.

"Why what?"

"Why do you cover your smile when you laugh?" Sean stopped eating. He stared at Mark as if he'd done something wrong.

"You know why. Eat your pizza, they're closing soon." Sean said, referring to the pizza place they had visited for dinner.

"Baby, I don't know why," Mark replied. "Can you tell me? I genuinely don't know why you cover your smile." Sean scoffed and finished his last slice.

"It's my teeth, Mark. I don't like them. When I smile and show them, people stare." Mark smiled and put his hands on his boyfriend's.

"They look because your smile lights up the room. Look at me." Sean, who had been looking at the checkered floor, looked back up to meet Mark in his gaze.

"When I see your smile, I fall in love with you all over again. I feel such a warm feeling when I see your beautiful, bright smile. It's yet another perfect feature of your beautiful body." Sean's cheeks lit up pink.

"It's not perfect, Mark. I'm far from perfect." Mark sighed and left the bill and tip sitting on the table for their waiter. He held his hand out for Sean to grab it. He took it. Mark hoisted Sean from his seat and led him out the door.

"Stop saying you aren't perfect. It hurts me when you put yourself down like that." Mark said, rubbing circles in Sean's hand. He sighed.

"I'm sorry," Sean apologized.

"Don't apologize. I just don't want you feeling like crap all the time. You know, I give magic back rubs and I'll give you one any time you want, baby boy." Sean blushed at this nickname, as Mark hadn't used it since they were in high school.

"I know."

"You're just saying I know because you want me to shut up?" Sean giggled and wrapped his arms around Mark's waist.

"Nah, I just know you give the best magic back rubs."

"Damn right I do."